2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1

72SBC

Established Member
Moves out pretty good. I winced every time I heard that aero kit get crushed on a turn.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
I hate these new vets so much, They are so ugly to me. I really want to like them because of how well they preform but it is the worst looking car i have ever seen.

I'll tell ya, I felt the exact same way until I started seeing the Grand Sport and Z06 models in person. To me, the Stingray leaves a bit to be desired in the looks department; they always felt kinda soft.

That said, now I love the higher model C7's and I can't wait to see the ZR1 in person.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pure sex on wheels. It might just be a nightmare to drive with that aero on, though.

I see this thing coming after the ACR and putting a great show.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Really hope they didn't put the 8 speed in that thing when they have the 10 speed already. I like the car though. Front is aggressive looking, and love those wheels. Wing seems out of place. Although it doesn't pull off the big wing like the ACR does. Hopefully it has the 2.650 Eaton; that would be amazing.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Z06

Established Member
That thing sounds mighty upset!

Last edited:

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I really hope I am not let down in any way. It needs to put up big numbers, expectations are high.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's what I thought, I don't think it needs an absurd amount of power. The Z06 could of did quite dandy wo the cooling issues.

It'll come in at 675 or so, and be a beast.

Z06

Established Member
It'll come in at 675 or so, and be a beast.

I thought since we had a big jump from C6Z06 to C6ZR1. 505 to 638, we would probably at least see 100hp increase? Just my thinking though.

C5Z to C6Z was 100hp as well.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought since we had a big jump from C6Z06 to C6ZR1. 505 to 638, we would probably at least see 100hp increase? Just my thinking though.

C5Z to C6Z was 100hp as well.

I think 100hp would be nice...but at the same time, I think it's on the extreme side.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
In some portions of the video, it looks like it might put up a good fight against the ACR, but in other portions it looks like the ZL1 1LE might give it a run for its money. It had better come with at least 700HP or a lot of weight reduction.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In some portions of the video, it looks like it might put up a good fight against the ACR, but in other portions it looks like the ZL1 1LE might give it a run for its money. It had better come with at least 700HP or a lot of weight reduction.

I swear I'm not biased, but I don't think it will beat the ACR.

Z06

Established Member

I don't think this is a record run that they are doing. If it is then I would agree with you but it doesn't sound or look like it.

Users who are viewing this thread