2018 coyote changes

calebdnehus

Established Member
How do you guys think the changes to the 2018 coyote will affect super/turbocharging? I've read that direct injection and a compression ratio bump are happening. The first thing that popped into my head was price might be going up on kits due to the complexity of the new fuel systems Ford will be using.

chevybeater

Established Member
I wouldn't buy a 2018 if I considered boosting it right away, its gona take a while until the unlock the computers since they're different and the kits are gona have to be tested first and that usually takes a good while

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

calebdnehus

Established Member
Oh yea, I agree. I've got a '17 that I'll be keeping for the forseeable future for sure. Sitting in my garage waiting to get my VMP on it when I have time. I just wanted to see what other people thought about the direct injection paired with boost would turn out like.

calebdnehus

Established Member
It will be boost friendly once tuning is available.

Yeah, I figured once the tuners got the computer worked out on it that it would be making big power just like all the mustang previous. I hate how its growing on me, at first I wasnt a fan of the front end but it does look pretty sharp now I've seen it in better photos and different colors. Looks fast

Islandcat

Established Member
Yea I agree with you calebdnehus. That first video they released did it no favors. Once I seen other pics and color options, I had a lot better outlook on it. Cant wait to see it in person. It looks like it fixed my main complaint on the 2015-2017. I didn't like how soft the front end looked, and this restyle looks a lot more aggressive.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Yea I agree with you calebdnehus. That first video they released did it no favors. Once I seen other pics and color options, I had a lot better outlook on it. Cant wait to see it in person. It looks like it fixed my main complaint on the 2015-2017. I didn't like how soft the front end looked, and this restyle looks a lot more aggressive.

Yeah, the 18 looks mean. I've made way too many recent car changes to get one though. I went from my 13 to a 16 then from that to a 16 sierra and back to the 17 mustang I have now. I'll keeping the 17 until its paid (plus shes got a supercharger waiting to go on) and then I'll buy the next newest mustang. lol

Users who are viewing this thread