2018 GT engine noise with only 2800 miles

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
^^ I notice that.

Light tap in the exact situation you describe

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I took my youngest daughter for a ride and was holding a gear about 2k rpm doing the speed limit. I gave it a little throttle and noticed an audible sound with a light touch of the throttle that remained as long as I held it.

Not a great feeling for me considering my 12' got a new long block just over 2k miles for what we knew back then as the "tick" that showed up one day and didn't go away.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
My 14 was flawless but I’ve read these 18’s are having issues with valve springs.

Fingers crossed!

I already have at least 15 passes down the strip....

I was out of town this weekend and then de-modding my 16' since Sunday so I have still only put about 75 miles on the 18'. The noise started last night when I matted the car in 2nd gear about 3500rpms and upon WOT is sounded like detonation for a second (not surprised as they probably put 87 octane in it). Then appeared the odd sound when holding rpm's and adding a touch of throttle.

I looked at my door jam sticker and the car is an early 18' with a production date of 11/17.

Papaw

Established Member
Having a problem with a runner sounds weird. They don't move or anything. The air inside them is all that moves. The 18s don't have the old charge motion plates do they?

Chris Barnes

Established Member
I brought my 1,500 mile 2018 GT PP Premium A10 in on tuesday for same noise. Long story short, they called to day and diagnosed with #3 wrist pin issue. Engine being replaced. Good luck!

MG0h3

Established Member
I brought my 1,500 mile 2018 GT PP Premium A10 in on tuesday for same noise. Long story short, they called to day and diagnosed with #3 wrist pin issue. Engine being replaced. Good luck!
I'd suspect this or similar for the OP. That does not sound like valvetrain to me; too deep.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Most that I have read or heard were early builds in November. Sucks to hear man and I am a little squeamish myself, as I went through a longblock replacement with my 12' GT after 1500 miles when she started ticking like a time bomb! The noise that I am hearing resembles those with the same and/or replacements. It sounds really bad first thing in the morning when driving out of my community as you can hear is bouncing off the homes.

Users who are viewing this thread