2018 mustang diffuser

calebdnehus

Established Member
Anyone notice of the '18 mustang had any changes in the rear bumper shape from the 15-17 cars? I'm really liking the diffuser and spoiler and it looks like both should fit a '17 no problem. Would love to run that diffuser with dual tips. Thoughts?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's a possibility that it may fit, but Ford has a tendency of making things just different enough to make it not fit the previous model easily.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have a feeling its going to fit and they're going to offer it as a ford performance upgrade to 15-17 owners.

That is at least my hope. I think to keep costs down, they will have kept the rear bumper mold the same.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Hopefully they'll keep the mold the same and it'll just pop right into the premium bumper. I've got a base model so I'll have to get the premium cover but I think the car would look much better with the '18 diffuser. I can also see where they would change a thing to two about just to make it a PITA to adapt to another model as well

calebdnehus

Established Member
Not whole lot longer and we'll be able to find out I guess. If I had to pick one or the other, it would be the new performance pack spoiler. It looks great to me and should have came on the 15-17

calebdnehus

Established Member
I recall a Ford rep in a video of the '18 mustang release stating it won't fit the earlier model.

I'm sure someone will take that as a challenge and figure out how to make to make it work. I hope at least, if not I'll just use one of the current 15-17 options. None of those which look particularly as good at the 18 in my opinion.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Its certainly a nice piece. Just wanna make sure it lines up as a close to perfect as possible before having it painted. Only downside of aftermarket body parts

Users who are viewing this thread