2019 Silverado Unveiled...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm interested in seeing how the 3.0 inline 6 diesel Chevy compares to the 3.0 by diesel in the other two.

I'm guessing the i6 will be slow in comparison.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Im guessing GM made it ugly so people would buy the Sierra model instead?

nvm, but it does look a little better compared to the silverado:
2019-GMC-Sierra-Carscoops-0.jpg.56546e51405ab11052df96ffdeca7fe9.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Black and brown interior looks good imo. The price will probably jump through the roof and they will need 20% discounts to move them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im guessing GM made it ugly so people would buy the Sierra model instead?

nvm, but it does look a little better compared to the silverado:
View attachment 1457999

Slightly better but not by much. IMO chevy missed the mark. Like others have said the old version looks much better. Also chevy doesnt like to make very many trucks with the 6.2L. That would be the only engine i want. The 5.3L is a dog these days.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Slightly better but not by much. IMO chevy missed the mark. Like others have said the old version looks much better. Also chevy doesnt like to make very many trucks with the 6.2L. That would be the only engine i want. The 5.3L is a dog these days.

LTZ and up are the only grades eligible, Used to be LT qualified also. I have had the 5.3/6 speed in two ext cab trucks with 3.42 gears and never been low on power. Both trucks have left coyote F150s for dead stoplight to stoplight

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
LTZ and up are the only grades eligible, Used to be LT qualified also. I have had the 5.3/6 speed in two ext cab trucks with 3.42 gears and never been low on power. Both trucks have left coyote F150s for dead stoplight to stoplight

Must be driver error. Ive driven the 2016 with the 5.3. Not impressed its just slow. No low end grunt. The 2016 ford f150 with the 2.7 was much faster. Pretty sad to me when a little 2.7 can smoke a 5.3. Even at that i still felt the 3.5ecoboost felt much stronger under load.

I will say the 2016 with the 6.2 felt pretty damn good. Lots of low end grunt with easy power on tap like the ecoboost

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Must be driver error. Ive driven the 2016 with the 5.3. Not impressed its just slow. No low end grunt. The 2016 ford f150 with the 2.7 was much faster. Pretty sad to me when a little 2.7 can smoke a 5.3. Even at that i still felt the 3.5ecoboost felt much stronger under load.

I will say the 2016 with the 6.2 felt pretty damn good. Lots of low end grunt with easy power on tap like the ecoboost

Now hold on.... i busted up some 5.0s, not the ecoboom trucks. I got skull****ed a couple of times by those and just started leaving them alone.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Now hold on.... i busted up some 5.0s, not the ecoboom trucks. I got skull****ed a couple of times by those and just started leaving them alone.
I actually LOL when i read this. Fair enough. I could see some 5.0 getting beat. Like the 11-14s they were slow in the 5.0 even more so is they didnt have the 3.73s

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I actually LOL when i read this. Fair enough. I could see some 5.0 getting beat. Like the 11-14s they were slow in the 5.0 even more so is they didnt have the 3.73s

It was just a couple of us screwing around honestly. No big payouts

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
How does everyone think the i6 diesel will compare to the v6 diesel in the Ford and ram?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How does everyone think the i6 diesel will compare to the v6 diesel in the Ford and ram?
Shouldn't be difficult to outdo the ecodiesel in power/efficiency/longevity.

We will see how it compares to the Powerstroke, there are some things I don't like about that engine already but I'll wait until they have a few years on them to pass judgement.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The i6 should just eek past the power stroke in power and tq from what I hear. I hear mid 250s hp and 450ish tq.

I imagine the i6 will have a slight advantage in low end and mid range performance. Better balance and fewer moving parts also help.

Can't wait to see how they all stack up.

Stateguy

Established Member
I like how no one here mentioned the new ram today lol. It also will have a revamped diesel with slightly increased power ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread