2nd Pair of Bates Just Died. Alternatives?

mustang_

Banned
My Bates Lites didn't last, the sole crumbled. My Bates Durashocks just developed a split between the upper and the sole. Both not too old, maybe 3 or 4 years.

Anybody had luck with another brand? Just need to last a little less than 3 years, LOL.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
LOL at the sole falling apart. A few weeks ago I was at a change of command in formation. On one of the formation movements my sole blew completely out. Needless to say you could follow the crumbs back to my workplace. As for replacements I do not know of any, I am actually going to get a new pair tomorrow. Hopefully they hold up at least 4 years for me.

mustang_

Banned
I called bates and they will replace yours for free because its a known defect. You need to have a copy of your receipt though, or at least a photo of the info under the tongue. Bates Corporate Customer Service Center 866-699-7374. I had neither as I just chucked 'em. They offered a discount but I can get 'em new for 80 at the exchange their discount only took it down to $116. That's why no more Bates for me.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My bates low quarters blew out on me too. Wish I would have known that they would have replaced them, I threw them in the garbage.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Just got back from clothing sales and they actually have a few different shoes to choose from. The ones I purchased this time have a hard rubber sole as my last ones were more like a soft rubber. They also have a brown leather sole with a black rubber heel, these were 94 I believe and the ones I purchased with the hard rubber sole were 89. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread