350 Lawsuit

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It doesn't make sense to anybody. Like I keep saying, the people who bought Tech cars wanted amenities over track prowess. They got what they wanted. They don't have any rational reason to be complaining about it now.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys,

Thinking about suing Ford, no one at the dealership told me that if drive my car at 8K rpm constantly, I can hurt the motor.

Anyone want to join me in the lawsuit?

Now that I think of it, I might sue wallgreens too, no one informed me not to eat my toothpaste...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey guys,

Thinking about suing Ford, no one at the dealership told me that if drive my car at 8K rpm constantly, I can hurt the motor.

Anyone want to join me in the lawsuit?

Now that I think of it, I might sue wallgreens too, no one informed me not to eat my toothpaste...

Actually..

toothpaste-label-warning.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Damn it man!

How am I supposed to make money I didnt earn now?

I mean, really you can still try.

That warning label isn't much different than Ford heavily suggesting adding coolers if you are going to take a Tech car to the track.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know how I overlooked this yesterday... This will make even more people excited.

upload_2017-3-28_18-55-30.png

The oil filter wrench will be kinda cool.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get me one Nick.

I only have one more stock 2017 coming... it'll be here in two weeks. I'm not sure if it will get one or not.

Regardless, if I scooped it out and sent it to you...the new owner would label me as "one of those dealers"...haha I don't need to deal with any more bullshit over a $25 wrench.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I only have one more stock 2017 coming... it'll be here in two weeks. I'm not sure if it will get one or not.

Regardless, if I scooped it out and sent it to you...the new owner would label me as "one of those dealers"...haha I don't need to deal with any more bullshit over a $25 wrench.
I know, just send me the whole car then. Lol

Troponin

Established Member
This reminds me of the 350 or 370Z oil cooling issues. The cars were burning oil badly within a couple laps at a track and even during spirited driving on the road. Nissan refused to do anything about it, so the folks went out and bought Nismo oil coolers. Nissan turned around and voided all their warranties.

So, will Ford warranty it if they even WANTED to spend the 3k? Should Ford be forced to warranty it?

barstowpo

Established Member
I have experienced limp mode on the street as well as the track. I planned to daily drive my car so I did not want Recaros. I thought it would be easier to add coolers than to add the seats and radio. I was apparently wrong. My trans fix will not be covered by a warranty even though it is a Ford part. My owners manual suggested adding coolers. Seemed like it would be plug and play. All the advertising material I have focuses on the performance potential of this car. The base and tech cars fall flat in this area. I could not order the combination I wanted but it became possible for 2017. I would have likely waited had I known. I also paid enough ADM to add coolers and then some. I just want want a car that does what it was advertised to do. I have bought the backordered cooler kit and plan to add what I can. Ford simply dropped the ball with this halo car and should have known this from the beginning. Even the sales staff at my dealer wanted to know if my car would ever see track use. Twice a year is all I wanted.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
My first trip to the track will be on 4-20-2017.

That would be me speaking from common sense. Why buy a non-track car, if you want to track it? Wouldn't make any sense to me.
Common sense? That is painting with a very broad brush. I thought common sense applied to right vs wrong, treating others how you want to be treated, not putting your head in an alligators mouth etc. Where in the common sense handbook does knowledge that the tech/base package versions of a track inspired vehicle with track lineage would not be suitable for any track use, and possibly see limp mode on the street?

Simply put no purchaser had the actual knowledge of the cars limitations as should have been disclosed.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
This reminds me of the 350 or 370Z oil cooling issues. The cars were burning oil badly within a couple laps at a track and even during spirited driving on the road. Nissan refused to do anything about it, so the folks went out and bought Nismo oil coolers. Nissan turned around and voided all their warranties.

So, will Ford warranty it if they even WANTED to spend the 3k? Should Ford be forced to warranty it?
At this point Ford is not offering a warranty for the cooling components. Although they are the exact same as what is offered on the Track/R setup. No difference mechanically, no difference in how it is installed, no different in where they are produced. Sole difference being a Ford Performance part number instead of a regular Ford Parts number.

silver srt 8

Established Member
I have no horse in this race, but it would seem very hard for owners to claim they were misrepresented by Ford. There have been plenty of analogies provided throughout. The only thing that comes to mind is back in 99 when Ford claimed the 99 Cobra had x amount of HP. I think there was something done to correct it, but cannot recall. A couple of other things, there are lots of people out there who want something for nothing and also I would imagine a fair amount of owners who spent lots of money on cosmetics for the car or power adders, etc. When they should have spent the money on the cooler, if they wanted to track it from time-to-time.

Users who are viewing this thread