3l swap in 2000 contour SVT

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
GO TO CEG AND READ!
There are probably now a few hundred cars running around with this. The simple answer is once the 3.0L shortblock is mated say the 2.5L top end (Hybrid) it looks/runs JUST LIKE THE 2.5L!
Go here and ask for some local help. You need it.

ef8

Established Member
here i'll explain it again... i hate contour.org!!! dont you guys understand that?? why would i go there if i here in SVTperformance???
i just want you guys to explain it. if i dont ask questions whats the point of having this forum??

ef8

Established Member
PLEASE QUATE ME ON ALL QUESTIONS PLEASE!!!
look i went to that site but everythings scrambled
if i go with the hybrid since you SAID ITS THE CHEAPEST ROUTE. i heard something that i have to plug a oil return, correct??
hey if you have a 2000 svt LIM arent they big enough to use on the 3L heads without porting the heads?? im trying to figure the cheapest way like seriously the cheapest. if i have to port the heads can i go without porting them an just use the butterflies, LIM, an UIM??

cause i kno it aint cheap to port the heads, i think...

**** if i went with a straight 3L can i use the svt cams?? would it be faster then the stock cams???

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
:bored:
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0l-duratec-performance/109227-full-oval-port-3l-swap-how.html
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0l-duratec-performance/89213-3-0l-swap-parts-list.html
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0...2050-faq-most-your-3l-questions-answered.html
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0...-read-first-what-engines-will-fit-my-car.html
Now Read.
The bottom line is YOU need to decided what YOU can do. If you are going to rely on a shop to do this for you (as it seems), then be prepared to deal with mechanics that will give you bad information. Either get with a local CEG'er or NECO'er. There are so many options with these two motors. In my opinion, the hybrid is the cheaper route. Then it depends on what parts you need to replace and other misc tidbits. Educate yourself so that you can make the decisions. I've been out of the CDW27 game for over two years now. IIRC, a full oval port swap with SVT cams makes a few more ponies than the hybrid. Hybrid bumps the CR up to about 11.2 - 1.
:bored:

ef8

Established Member
ok well i red the shit an it didnt help... if i went hybrid what would i have to do with the block?? block a oil return?? is that it??

crazyj0n

Established Member
Not to hijack thread or anything, but how much was your block, and where can I get one.

ef8

Established Member
Not to hijack thread or anything, but how much was your block, and where can I get one.

car-part.com was the best site someone told me about. an my whole long block was 500 after everything with 50k but it was the motor thats been sitting the least. you have to ask, cause you can get a motor with 19k but has been sitting for 1300 days yea DAYS... long ass time!!

Last edited:

ef8

Established Member
i'm about to do a hybrid but need to make sure i didnt miss anything

ok so i have a 2000 contour SVT so i got all the parts for the 2.5L an i have the 3L vin S
so for a :bowdown:HYBRID
3L block (what do i need to mount the 2.5L heads??)
2.5L heads
2.5L alternator an mount
2.5L oil pan and pickup tube
2.5L timing cover and timing chains
2.5L pully
2.5L sensors and harness
2.5L butterflies
2.5L UIM and LIM
2.5L MAF
2.5l FUEL RAILS WITH svt FUEL INJECTORS (heard this will run it right)
2.5L SVT ecu (red it will run in right)
:lol:
NEEDED GASKETS
valve cover gasket kit
TB gasket
UIM LIM gaskets
head gasket
timing cover gasket

did i miss anything??

ef8

Established Member
what will i be the hp at the wheels?

im doing the hybrid 3L, whats the numbers??

the cars lowered on h&r's
rolling 19's on nitto tires

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You put it together like the 2.5L, except you fill a few oil and coolant returns. I don't' recall which ones as its been 4 years since I built mine. Also, there is a piece of the crankshaft that needs cut off the 3.0L crank to properly mate it the MTX-75.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
ok well i red the shit an it didnt help... if i went hybrid what would i have to do with the block?? block a oil return?? is that it??

I know I've seem like I've been a dick through this process, but seriously dude. If you REALLY read those links, and they provided no help you need to REALLY find someone local to hold your hand through this process. Its really not that hard, but you have to have basic mechanical knowledge and ability to make sense of it. There is a picture out there (an old one at that, a Cougar guy put it together) that tells you which holes you have to plug.....I would say go to CEG...but

Also, I believe there is a website out there duratecperformance.com? That puts the 3.0Ls together for you. A bit pricey but considering, it might be worth it.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
here i'll explain it again... i hate contour.org!!! dont you guys understand that?? why would i go there if i here in SVTperformance???
i just want you guys to explain it. if i dont ask questions whats the point of having this forum??

We understand that you don't like it...but WE are trying to help you by saying go there..a site that is more SPECIALIZED in this stuff. don't you understand that???

ef8

Established Member
is that good numbers an im not gonna tune it in the beginning... it will run right wont it with the svt ecu an fuel injectors???

ef8

Established Member
whats this forum for then!!!! seriously this is the worst help i've ever gottin from a forum!!

look i ****in read those pages but they JUMP around!! AND is this forum for a bunch of dudes circle jerkin each other!!

Last edited:

ef8

Established Member
are they gonna wanna take the crank out to cut it down?? an plug the lines??? shit no one explains any of that shit in your sites!!

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
you don't like it....LEAVE! no skin off any of our backs, why should we have to repost stuff over and over when all you gotta do is look at one of their pages, they weren't that hard for me to understand at least.

Users who are viewing this thread