4r70w swap speedo issue

03TTMO

Established Member
I've recently swapped a 4r70w into my 03 cobra. Everything is working great other than my speedometer does not read the correct speed. Not sure what needs to be done to correct this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

VA-Mach1

Established Member
You need a speed sensor from a car that came with the same factory gear ratio as yours. E.g.. if yours came with a 3:55 get a sensor for a Mach 1 Auto then use your tuner as normal if you run a different ratio than stock.

Soap

Established Member
You will need to adjust your "revolutions per mile" in your tune. But again that assume the OP wired in the speedo sensor correctly so that the ECU is actually getting a signal.

--Joe

03TTMO

Established Member
I wired the speed sensor from the 4r70w harness to the corresponding pins on the t56 main plug. I tried to follow wiring harness diagram, but my car has BS3 and twin turbos, most plugs on the wiring harness were not used. It was a little overwhelming I must admit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Soap

Established Member
I wired the speed sensor from the 4r70w harness to the corresponding pins on the t56 main plug. I tried to follow wiring harness diagram, but my car has BS3 and twin turbos, most plugs on the wiring harness were not used. It was a little overwhelming I must admit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

So are you getting a signal at all? If you speedo is just off then it's a simple fix in the tune. If you are getting no signal (speedo does nothing) then you have a wiring issue.

--Joe

Soap

Established Member
You might be able to fake it in the tune based on revolutions per mile, but if you are half.......you might be beyond the range of correction. Do you know how many pulses the 4R70 reluctor ring is?

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread