4v Blower and decent NA cams

old01cobra

Established Member
I never really had the intentions of going the blower route. Had every intention of the NA build and spray down the road. For some reason I couldn't do nitrous as with all the safety crap and bottle filling its not a long term smart idea. So as I've posted before I pulled the trigger on a Blower. Pulled the trigger as its sitting on the kitchen table as I type this.

Problem now is Im questioning the NA cams I have with the 109 LSA. When I calculate out the overlap Im at +22 which is a decent amount on a modular especially for a Blower (least I went with a centrifugal). Any of you guys ever run a blower with some aggressive NA cams like this?

I know these cams wont help down low and the blower reversion effects will probably be amplified. But if I spin the thing to 7300-7500 like I do NA I think it will be ok as the overlap will actually help? Nobody, even the tuners seem to know as I think Im doing something way out of the norm for 4v modulars. This is why I'm asking if anyone has any personal experience with this. I really really don't want to tear into the engine.....

Thanks you guys

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Superchargers don't like massive overlap. Turbo cars can sometimes get away with this. I would message Todd either on her at NASVT or on this facebook page. You'd want to widen the LSA but he could direct to you what you'd be leaving on the table by running them. You might be able to sell them to a guy going turbo and buy another set for blower and not be out much.

old01cobra

Established Member
Superchargers don't like massive overlap. Turbo cars can sometimes get away with this. I would message Todd either on her at NASVT or on this facebook page. You'd want to widen the LSA but he could direct to you what you'd be leaving on the table by running them. You might be able to sell them to a guy going turbo and buy another set for blower and not be out much.
Thanks for the response. It' just a v1 ti trim. So if we're talking 50-75hp loss I really couldn't care you know what I mean. It's just a toy.

Now if it's down 100+ I might start caring as the engine made 460rwhp alone.

I know LS engines really don't care about overlap as I've seen numerous pushing 800+whp with cams that make mine look weak.

Users who are viewing this thread