6 digit odometer????

scootro

Established Member
Have you ever seen a fox body with a 6 digit odometer(999,999)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ab60_3.gif

Last edited:

scootro

Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Because NY said so. :)

Also, every car with the million mile odometer will have the RW defrost. That was also a requirement for NY.
i guess i learn something new everyday! thanks for the lesson:p

svt2205

Established Member
scootro said:

Yup, I've got one in the garage.... NY DSO cars, not trucks, required the million mile odometer and rear window defroster. But I'm not sure the surrounding states idea flies. I know a couple other original owners, who's cars were sold in surrounding states, and they don't have the odometer. So, unless someone has other data, I'll stand on it as a NY DSO car only feature.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I got the surronding states part from Mark who works at SVT he stated it in a older post , do a search and you will find his statement, I am not saying he couldnt be wrong though. Also all of the police cars I ever saw had some writing across the speedo face saying something about being certified or calibrated??

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Not all of the surrounding states car DID have it, they COULD have it. The reason for this is that for them to dealer trade cars with dealers from NY the NY dealer would need to receive in trade a vehicle with the 7 digit (not 6) speedo as it is a state requirement.

Same thing applies to california emissions.

Only the police speedos are certified.

Last edited:

SRV1

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Nope. My 90 didn't have a million mile odo.

My 90 doesn't have it either. I believe they started that in 91 or 92. My car was originally from here.

James

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
NY DSO cars for the 93 model year got the 7 digit odometer. All the years prior to that as well as all other DSO's outside of NY got the 6 digit odometer. The one exception might be the 1993 SSP cars and as Mark mentioned the cars traded to NY dealers which could possibly have a different DSO but the odometer was changed out at the NY dealer recieving the car.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Geez, this thread is starting to sound like it belongs on mustanggt.org. :lol:

Seriously,its little things like this that are fun to find out about, especially for future generations ...

Now lets start a thread on the proper color valve stem caps and taillight trim color. :)

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Nope. My 90 didn't have a million mile odo.
Must only be certain areas. All '90 up SSP UHP mustangs had the 6+1 digit odometer. By that, I mean up to 999,999.9. Certain 89's had the 160 speedo, but not sure on the 6 digit odo's.

Users who are viewing this thread