72mm L&M Dual TB

Streetpwr281

Established Member
SOLD

I recently purchased this polished/billet L&M 72mm Dual TB off EBay from an original partner in L&M - HP by Herman (Stoltzenberg). Came off his personal 08' GT-500. Per Herman no issues and he also recently installed new OEM Ford electronics. Makes big power and has solid drivability but does require very detailed TB tuning to get it right, per Herman.

df9389eccaa34265002aafd3a56681c2.jpg
569baca3ec140e10f4da1d256804d5a4.jpg
ca83eb69f2990697f9d970b86f55c588.jpg
***Cannot use a canned tune - Requires custom tuning***

FEATURES ON THE L&M DUAL 72MM THROTTLE BODY
(1) Twin 72mm , CNC machined from billet aluminum to ensure consistency.
(2) Includes electronic controlled Delrin Plastic OEM style gears, to prevent gear bind, friction and wear, common with other brass geared aftermarket throttle bodies. Delrin plastic is a superior material utilized only in L&M Throttle Bodies.
(3) Aerodynamic precision machined, stainless steel REM polished throttle blade shafts with countersunk attach screws for increased airflow.
(4) Double sealed throttle blade shaft bearings found only in L&M Throttle Bodies.
(5) Unique sealed throttle blade shaft O- rings encased in roller bearings to eliminate rotational friction.
(6) Flows over 2,400CFM and will support over 1,500HP
(7) A new aerodynamic design which maximizes airflow and velocity.
(8) Unique throttle blade enhancements designed to increase airflow.
(9) Tested to original equipment specifications for cold and hot weather.
(10) No other Throttle Body has these technologically advanced features incorporated into their Throttle Bodies.

$500 shipped or best offer

Ryan
813-997-4017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
I have discovered through personal experience on several GT500's that this TB does not need tuning (on every car). But well worth $500. I currently run this exact TB on my 2008 and it required absolutely no tuning tweaks. But as a tuner myself, I did experiment with the tune. I have calibrator status with SCT so I have full access. Nothing I tried was beneficial so I returned to the stock drive-by-wire specs.....

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I have discovered through personal experience on several GT500's that this TB does not need tuning (on every car). But well worth $500. I currently run this exact TB on my 2008 and it required absolutely no tuning tweaks. But as a tuner myself, I did experiment with the tune. I have calibrator status with SCT so I have full access. Nothing I tried was beneficial so I returned to the stock drive-by-wire specs.....

Excellent info. The TB is a work of art using aerospace engineering for various airflow tricks in the manufacturing. I do want to be 100% clear that I believe this TB will require custom tuning to have it operating properly. Most likely a canned tune will not suffice per Herman Stoltzenberg a former principle in L&M Airflow. For the right buyer who has access to custom tuning it is a $500 value.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm running this TB as well, had the 66 before the 72 and both were amazing. It's a shame people are afraid of tuning issues cause these are sone of the best TB's out there. I had to let my 66 go for cheap. Hopefully you do a little better than I did. GLWS

usafimj

Established Member
Will this TB work on a stock 2008 blower?

You mention that the previous owner had no issues with it but did you install it? If so, did you have any issues.

Last edited:

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Will this TB work on a stock 2008 blower?

You mention that the previous owner had no issues with it but did you install it? If so, did you have any issues.

It mounts with factory bolt alignment like other TB's so yes 2008 blower is fine. It was installed on my 13' and we had some initial idle issues that my tuner did not want to invest the time needed to rectify. Per other parties/tuners including Herman this TB worked perfect on his 2008 and these L&M TB's will often work great on one car and need extensive custom tuning on another. Nature of the beast. So it may go on your 2008 and act perfect right off the bat or it may need some considerable tuning adjustments to make it work 100%

Users who are viewing this thread