9 mph over ticket on insurance driving record

tistan

Established Member
I just got my insurance renewal and my insurance just about doubled. Here in Georgia, tickets 14mph and under were never went on your mvr. About a year ago my wife got a ticket for 9mph over in South Carolina. The officer showed us where we could mail it and it was a $70 ticket. Obviously we paid it and didn't think anything else about it. When my insurance doubled, one of the reasons was that ticket. Needless to say I got irate over that being a reason. The insurance company, who I have been with for many years, wouldn't budge on overlooking a 9 over ticket. So I told them to f off that I wouldn't be needing them ever again. I did get a new insurance policy from Geico for about 10% more than my old rate at Progressive. It just really backs up my view of how much of a scam insurance is.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Doesn't surprise me one bit, most states now share information such as tickets and accidents with other states, so now an out of state ticket counts on your record.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Never ever think you are beholden to an insurance company. I thought the same thing years ago. Our rates after switching are less then half that we paid years ago. Go for the lowest rate. He who holds the gold makes the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97snakebite

Established Member
I find it kind of odd one point would double your insurance. Hell I've had four points on my insurance here in California my insurance only in what up a hundred bucks a year... did you guys move within the last year since your last Insurance updated. That would cause a significant rate change

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
and this is why I will get a traffic attorney for any traffic ticket, Im not gonna get raked over the coals by the insurance carrier. I dont know of one person that got a traffic attorney that ended up with anything on their record
This.

They may ho hum when I give them the 19 over tickets, but they just charge me a little more and I don't even see a courthouse. Gotta pay to play.

Always get a lawyer.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bet you still pay a shit ton less than us poor saps in Michigan. A lot of the options given are great if you lived in the state, but an out of state judge has no compelling reason to cut you any slack. Driving school would also be less than cost effective if she had to drive down and get a hotel.
Face it, you are screwed, you will always be screwed, and it will continue until you die. It's what insurance companies do.

08mojo

Established Member
I just got my insurance renewal and my insurance just about doubled.... When my insurance doubled, one of the reasons was that ticket...

...She was actually doing 20 over and the cop cut her a break...

Sounds like there is a lot more to this story!

I drive from GA to WV and back 2-3 times a month. Good to know SC is pulling people over for 9mph. I usually set the cruise control to 10mph over the posted limit, except when I'm traveling in VA--f VA!

tistan

Established Member
I find it kind of odd one point would double your insurance. Hell I've had four points on my insurance here in California my insurance only in what up a hundred bucks a year... did you guys move within the last year since your last Insurance updated. That would cause a significant rate change
The rates in Ga seem to be increasing every stinking year for the last 4 years. My wife was hit by a person, and has uninsured motorist and that is still in arbitration. The car that hit her was insured, but they don't want to pay for the damages. That isn't supposed to be affecting our rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

08mojo

Established Member
The rates in Ga seem to be increasing every stinking year for the last 4 years. My wife was hit by an person, and has uninsured motorist and that is still in arbitration. The car that hit her was insured, but they don't want to pay for the damages. That isn't supposed to be affecting our rates.

grandpa-simpson-arrives-and-leaves_49.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ssssnake

Established Member
Was taking a Defensive Driving class available? That would have knocked it off her record and she probably gotten a discount on her insurance for taking the class.

Users who are viewing this thread