9 mph over ticket on insurance driving record

jaxbusa

Established Member
I heard that Georgia has a super speeder law where they give you a fine roadside and then mail you another fine. Is there any truth to this?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jaxbusa

Established Member
The rates in Ga seem to be increasing every stinking year for the last 4 years. My wife was hit by an person, and has uninsured motorist and that is still in arbitration. The car that hit her was insured, but they don't want to pay for the damages. That isn't supposed to be affecting our rates.

I've heard of this happening in situations where the driver was not allowed to drive by the owner but did anyway. And it's sad that responsible people that have insurance have to pay for other people that don't have insurance. My wife and I have been saved by our uninsured coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

08mojo

Established Member
I heard that Georgia has a super speeder law where they give you a fine roadside and then mail you another fine. Is there any truth to this?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yes, >=20mph over a posted speed limit or anything over 85 mph gets you the super speeder add-on fine.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I just got my insurance renewal and my insurance just about doubled. Here in Georgia, tickets 14mph and under were never went on your mvr. About a year ago my wife got a ticket for 9mph over in South Carolina. The officer showed us where we could mail it and it was a $70 ticket. Obviously we paid it and didn't think anything else about it. When my insurance doubled, one of the reasons was that ticket. Needless to say I got irate over that being a reason. The insurance company, who I have been with for many years, wouldn't budge on overlooking a 9 over ticket. So I told them to f off that I wouldn't be needing them ever again. I did get a new insurance policy from Geico for about 10% more than my old rate at Progressive. It just really backs up my view of how much of a scam insurance is.

Years ago when I lived in Michigan Progressive raised my rates 40% for a 35 in a 30 violation (Michigan gives DL points for as little as 1 MPH over the limit). I have Geico now and could not be happier.

helloWorld

Established Member
I know how that feels, I use USAA for insurance and they gave me the shaft recently literally slightly more than doubling my monthly premium. I was caught street racing on the highway back in 2014 when I had my 2013 5.0 and had to go to court for it. My insurance never went up then so I thought I was in the clear on that front. Fast forward to November last year (2016) when a new six month period started and my monthly premium randomly went from low 100's to 256 a month. Keep in mind I also turned 25 that year, so my premiums were supposed to go down. I called USAA and asked what's up with that and I was told they finally heard about that crap I did back in 2014 (two years ago) and that I was going to pay the 256 a month until November this year (2017), or I could look for another insurance company. Looked around for quotes from other providers and let's just say that I decided to keep USAA at 256 a month, for one vehicle.

On the bright side, I only have three more months of paying 256 a month and then it should go down to possibly below 100 a month as I am 26 this year :)

CV355

_
Established Member
Sounds like there is a lot more to this story!

I drive from GA to WV and back 2-3 times a month. Good to know SC is pulling people over for 9mph. I usually set the cruise control to 10mph over the posted limit, except when I'm traveling in VA--f VA!

Depending on the county you're in... Pickens County has no problem giving a ticket for 3mph over. They'll fly up the hill, screech tires doing a U-turn in traffic, speed 25mph over the limit to pull you over, give you a ticket for 3mph over, and tell you that they're doing you a favor. You decide to fight the ticket only to find out that 100 other people were scheduled to the same 30 minute time slot as you.

tistan

Established Member
I know how that feels, I use USAA for insurance and they gave me the shaft recently literally slightly more than doubling my monthly premium. I was caught street racing on the highway back in 2014 when I had my 2013 5.0 and had to go to court for it. My insurance never went up then so I thought I was in the clear on that front. Fast forward to November last year (2016) when a new six month period started and my monthly premium randomly went from low 100's to 256 a month. Keep in mind I also turned 25 that year, so my premiums were supposed to go down. I called USAA and asked what's up with that and I was told they finally heard about that crap I did back in 2014 (two years ago) and that I was going to pay the 256 a month until November this year (2017), or I could look for another insurance company. Looked around for quotes from other providers and let's just say that I decided to keep USAA at 256 a month, for one vehicle.

On the bright side, I only have three more months of paying 256 a month and then it should go down to possibly below 100 a month as I am 26 this year :)
I had State Farm do something similar to me 15 years ago. I got a couple tickets and the didn't run my mvr for 3 years. When they did catch it they said it would affect my rates for 3 more years. I said no it won't because no other insurance company will see it now. I think I switched to progressive that time and saved over what I was already paying.

Bioburner

Established Member
If I get caught 10 over because I have a CDL with Hazmat I get a automatic court hearing. Doesn't have to be while driving a commercial vehicle. Half the regular limit on booze.
Employer will be notified by insurance company too.

tistan

Established Member
My buddy with a cdl that drives truck at the ports got a seat belt ticket at the ports, and that cost him that job. Luckily for him, they had cut his hours by hiring double the drivers, and as a result of being fired he found a job paying much more. Last time I was in court their was a cdl guy there with some bs minor infraction, but it would have gone against his cdl. To keep it off his record the judge charged him $1000 fine. I about wanted to punch the judge in the face for him for that bs.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Dont count on it. USAA has been jacking my rates up considerably every 6 months and i have no wrecks or tickets on my record

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Depending on the county you're in... Pickens County has no problem giving a ticket for 3mph over. They'll fly up the hill, screech tires doing a U-turn in traffic, speed 25mph over the limit to pull you over, give you a ticket for 3mph over, and tell you that they're doing you a favor. You decide to fight the ticket only to find out that 100 other people were scheduled to the same 30 minute time slot as you.
Haha. Gotta love the South.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bioburner

Established Member
We have a new Sheriff in the county and I hear he is a real ball buster. With couple of young officers there is a lot of grumbling.
Not much else to do in to do in a low crime county. Meth is an issue with so many remote farmsteads
Not much into having to see him in the spring to renew a permit

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. Im sure it does.... but its something that I've never seen or heard about.
Maybe you travel in more adventurous areas than I do.

No adventurous areas, unless you count the major highways, which can be rather adventurous sometimes. :cool: (495, 93, 3, 95/128 etc)

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
It's one thing to speed another to speed dangerously to others. Out on a country road with hardly anyone around? Big whoop. Flying through traffic on crowded streets? That needs to stop like yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread