900hp turbo mach 1

iggster

Established Member
Steve at powertrain dynamics was doing all the tuning back then when I had the manual trans. I switched to the auto and decided I wanted to learn how to tune, couple of classes and some help from various svt members and a couple of shops teaching me things/tricks, I think I am pretty good at it now :) car idles at 14ish and no hesitations, no cold start problems, no tip in problems and no kabooms yet :fart:

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
so did it make 1000 RWHP on boost alone

No nitrous on my car.

It can be done man, its just up to the tuner and having no fear of blowing shit up :burn: What I mean really is I built the engine, I know what it is capable of handling, I have no fear pushing it. Only thing that I know wont hold for long is the trans. Plus I left allot of things stock for certain reasons, if you want more info PM me.

billet wheel 7675 28lbs unlocked converter on a stock 5.3-996rwhp

1999 Camaro SS 996RWHP stock 5.3L Turbo! - YouTube

iggster

Established Member
Don't you have a transbrake? Based off watching your vids you aren't using one to build boost if you have it.

it is on the transbrake also, its just to take some load off the trans, hopefully so it can live longer.

iggster

Established Member
Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
So the turbo started to smoke out the hotside :nonono::mj::(

20130310_175752_zps96624435.gif

iggster

Established Member
got it back together now and I rewrapped the whole hotside. Precision was really helpful with the warranty work to, at first they didnt seem as they wanted to fix it but they where just making sure it wasnt a problem on my side.

I will be testing it this weekend to see if the smoking has been fixed

20130327_185918_zpsba470597.gif

iggster

Established Member
Dam power steering line wont stop leaking, looks like I am gonna have to replace it.

The smoke did stop though :banana:

Car was running WAY lean in the video causing it to bog a little (I messed with the tune prior to pulling the turbo thinking maybe my wideband was off and the car was running to rich causing the smoke but it ended up being the turbo lol)

No more smoke from turbo - YouTube

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Is your car ever going to run or make a pass? Seems like its always having issues, maybe your not doing something right...

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Its the nature of turbo cars LOL

OP, good numbers so far.

Yeah if the person working on it doesnt know what they are doing, ive seen plenty of shops build turbo cars and not have these issues. Just saying its kinda funny he always has something taking a shit on him does he even know what he is doing? :shrug:

iggster

Established Member
Is your car ever going to run or make a pass? Seems like its always having issues, maybe your not doing something right...

I am just trying to do what other local shops cant through the stock ecm.... obviously its not easy if others who have more experience then me have failed.

Btw I went on the dyno last weekend to try 31-32lbs and I started getting spark blow out, So I am changing the ignition to hopefully fix the issue and I noticed my IAT's shoot up 20 degrees a second.

So I am changing the cold side over to water to air, its almost done and I will retry again next weekend on the dyno.

Thing is I am not building/tuning this car to be like everyone else, I am trying to get the MAX out of the stock ecm so once it is ready which it will be very soon it will make a pass.

Oh ya thanks to santos for helping me with the water to air setup. They race this toyota at irwindale and it runs at about 130mph in the 1/8

He told me he wanted to get his hands on a new edge so now he as one to play with :-D

Lets see what we achieve.

btw heres the video of his car and some pics of my new water to air setup (they run the same intercooler on that car).

irwindale dragstrip 4/25/13 TNT Turbo Charged Toyota corolla - YouTube

20130427_164409_zps243bcb6a.gif

20130427_164423_zpsd01a24e3.gif

20130427_170606_zpsaef94237.gif

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
oh ya and a picture of last weeks dyno session.

Its the nature of turbo cars LOL

OP, good numbers so far.

thanks

Eddie car runs ;) not like we pushed it on the dyno and just took a picture of it lol like mentioned before it isnt where I need it to be, soon it will though.

20130420_092335_zps450a850c.jpg

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Nice intercooler, except now you gotta keep an eye on the water cooling pump and always make sure its working now. Seriously get that shit togther and out to the track already, i dont see how somebody can have a car all hooked up like this and only dyno it and not run it.

Users who are viewing this thread