91' SHO Exhaust

goawaydoormatt

i recently purchased an SHO and it doesn't have anything past the resonator... i listened to some mufflers... (online unfortunately) and i really like the sound of the Thrush turbo(they are $25 on Summit)... but i need all the rest of the pipe to complete... i alost dont know what size muffler to buy and if what type... I.E. offset offset/center offset/center center... or vice versa for those three... :) pretty much i need to know everything as far as the exhaust goes... i am willing to replace the resonator if its recommended and under $50... also if you could tell me where i can purchase this stuff that also would be greatly appreciated... i should also mention that im trying to keep this as cheap as i can... $400 for me to put this exhuast on is too much for me at this time so if thats impossible then please let me know... also how mechanically inclined do you have to be to do this exhaust?
thanks in advance
Matt

black93

Established Member
i recently purchased an SHO and it doesn't have anything past the resonator... i listened to some mufflers... (online unfortunately) and i really like the sound of the Thrush turbo(they are $25 on Summit)... but i need all the rest of the pipe to complete... i alost dont know what size muffler to buy and if what type... I.E. offset offset/center offset/center center... or vice versa for those three... :) pretty much i need to know everything as far as the exhaust goes... i am willing to replace the resonator if its recommended and under $50... also if you could tell me where i can purchase this stuff that also would be greatly appreciated... i should also mention that im trying to keep this as cheap as i can... $400 for me to put this exhuast on is too much for me at this time so if thats impossible then please let me know... also how mechanically inclined do you have to be to do this exhaust?
thanks in advance
Matt

I'm probably too late but check out SHOsource dot com for a complete stainless catback exhaust system. I would suggest replacing the stock y pipe if your car is a manual transmission as the stock unit is a large restriction.

NESHO dot com for a local parts and service supplier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread