93 Pump Gas Vortech Dyno

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Stock: motor, auto trans, gear, 3.6 pulley, and exhaust manifolds.

Not Stock: Ported boss intake manifold, Vortech V3, ID1ks, VMP BAP, Catless X Pipe, 11/12 GT500 axel back, AED tune.

Dyno KM Mustang.JPG

The car went 10.8x@132 at 3700 pounds.

I would like to turn this up a bit. Can someone shed some light on how much room I have let on the stock motor?

Thanks!

PC03GT

Established Member
Stock: motor, auto trans, gear, 3.6 pulley, and exhaust manifolds.

Not Stock: Ported boss intake manifold, Vortech V3, ID1ks, VMP BAP, Catless X Pipe, 11/12 GT500 axel back, AED tune.

View attachment 90747

The car went 10.8x@132 at 3700 pounds.

I would like to turn this up a bit. Can someone shed some light on how much room I have let on the stock motor?

Thanks!

Have the same set up but m6 with headers and tuned on octane booster and 93. I picked up 40hp and about 30 tq with 1"7/8 kooks long tubes

bunits19714

Established Member
open air cleaner or stock airbox?- how much timing now? do you have access to pump leaded race fuel( few gallons at a time)- why did they stop at 7k car was probably still pulling to 7400 with the intake-how many miles do you drive the car a year?(this determines if splashing race fuel in is a possibility) I think that dyno is pretty tight I think you are probably pretty close to 580ish with that trap speed on stock converter I trapped 138 with a 100 octane tune and 10# pulley procharger.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
open air cleaner or stock airbox?- how much timing now? do you have access to pump leaded race fuel( few gallons at a time)- why did they stop at 7k car was probably still pulling to 7400 with the intake-how many miles do you drive the car a year?(this determines if splashing race fuel in is a possibility) I think that dyno is pretty tight I think you are probably pretty close to 580ish with that trap speed on stock converter I trapped 138 with a 100 octane tune and 10# pulley procharger.

The intake is the 95MM Steeda intake.
19* of timing.
I do not have access to pump unleaded race gas.
The dyno operator didn't listen when I said 7500 (where I normally rev it).
I drive about 5-6K a year.

For reference, a H/C/I E85 C6Z made 525 and an automatic Hellcat made 607.

bunits19714

Established Member
yes mustang dynos normally do read higher this is correct, Shaun is a pretty sharp guy what is his opinion on ringing out more- your fuel is going to be your limiting factor- either order a drum or buy it by the 5 gallon pail(expensive) I have 5 stations around me that have pump leaded 110 that I have always mixed in with premium since the car lost its cats when it was 3 months old- obviously the concentration was higher when I went boosted( now on e-85)(pain the ass) wish I would of stayed race fuel-(motor does cool faster between track runs or is cooler) for what it is worth I have a early 14 car(motor made in august /car made 9-8-13)- I have over 50 full boost10.5-11psi revlimiter 7500 rpm smacks because or lock up issue in my circle d(all tuners fault not circle d's) last year it was a running joke every run if I was going to pop the opg's . This is at 650-660 rwhp- so that tells you the motor will handle 650 pretty long especially with a centri because it doesn't spin the rod bearings out of them because the boost comes in way slower than a tvs. and at 10psi or so your not leaning on the crank to hard which is the down fall on the centri when your start upping the boost. how does the steeda cai compare to size and volume as a jlt made for the vortech? have you ever run it at the track WITHOUT the filter on-usually gain 1+ psi and revs quicker- Headers will help but there are people making over 800 rwhp with the factory headers and I think the factory manifold may help your lower rpm power. Can AED make you a 100 tune for the track only or street duty and then run the premium tune for normal driving

WIST2013GT

Established Member
yes mustang dynos normally do read higher this is correct, Shaun is a pretty sharp guy what is his opinion on ringing out more- your fuel is going to be your limiting factor- either order a drum or buy it by the 5 gallon pail(expensive) I have 5 stations around me that have pump leaded 110 that I have always mixed in with premium since the car lost its cats when it was 3 months old- obviously the concentration was higher when I went boosted( now on e-85)(pain the ass) wish I would of stayed race fuel-(motor does cool faster between track runs or is cooler) for what it is worth I have a early 14 car(motor made in august /car made 9-8-13)- I have over 50 full boost10.5-11psi revlimiter 7500 rpm smacks because or lock up issue in my circle d(all tuners fault not circle d's) last year it was a running joke every run if I was going to pop the opg's . This is at 650-660 rwhp- so that tells you the motor will handle 650 pretty long especially with a centri because it doesn't spin the rod bearings out of them because the boost comes in way slower than a tvs. and at 10psi or so your not leaning on the crank to hard which is the down fall on the centri when your start upping the boost. how does the steeda cai compare to size and volume as a jlt made for the vortech? have you ever run it at the track WITHOUT the filter on-usually gain 1+ psi and revs quicker- Headers will help but there are people making over 800 rwhp with the factory headers and I think the factory manifold may help your lower rpm power. Can AED make you a 100 tune for the track only or street duty and then run the premium tune for normal driving

Im not sure on the Steeda VS JLT intake. I know I have the small Steeda so maybe there is some power there if I upgrade or remove the intake system.

I have run it on a track without the intake. With the intake and a +300 DA it went 10.8@132.

Same track with a +2600DA and the intake off it went a best 11.0@130.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
Get the beefcake torque booster setup if you want more out of it. I just got mine on. My numbers went way up. Stock auto trans and the engine is not built, also daily driven. I had an issue with engine knock, so i just put on an oil separator to fix it, I'll be re dynoing soon.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Get the beefcake torque booster setup if you want more out of it. I just got mine on. My numbers went way up. Stock auto trans and the engine is not built, also daily driven. I had an issue with engine knock, so i just put on an oil separator to fix it, I'll be re dynoing soon.

I have been leaning towards that for some time, but I was hoping to see some real world track times from people who have made the change.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
I have been leaning towards that for some time, but I was hoping to see some real world track times from people who have made the change.
Yea, the only track time ive seen is terry himself who had an improved time. I myself havnt run mine yet. He picked up a little over 5 mph and almost 4 tenths in the quarter

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have the same set up but m6 with headers and tuned on octane booster and 93. I picked up 40hp and about 30 tq with 1"7/8 kooks long tubes
What octane booster are you using and what is your actual octane using said octane booster?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm tuned on 93 and Lucas octane booster, I would imagine it's around 96. I use a full bottle in every tank.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.
Does it leave that orange mess around the spark plugs like the Torco does?
How long have you been using the Lucas octane booster?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been running it for about a year, I used to run torco. I don't think it could be any worse than that, but I haven't checked the plugs
Awesome. Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread