97 Cobra fan options

Boosted_Drop

Established Member
i currently have a 97 cobra with a mark 8 fan, car has a vortech supercharger tuned via unknown chip, my fan speeds don't turn on till factory settings. My question is can I add an electric fan controller and not mess anything up ecu,ccrm? Want my fan to turn on sooner already have a napa 180 thermostat

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
First you need to go and get yourself a real tune.. I highly suggest giving Shaun@AED a call..

They can adjust fan speeds and temps for the fan to kick on.

Boosted_Drop

Established Member
Not wanting to retune at the moment since I'm looking to piece a shortblock at the moment with c heads just want a temp fix for the meantime

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Is your car overheating? Why do you want it sooner? I would probably want it tuned or looked at if you have an unknown chip, does the car have a wideband in it so you can at least know it's running with a safe AFR?

baldguy

Established Member
you can always wire in a switch. I have done that on SN95 cobras I owned in the past that I didn't want to spend the money to tune. about $5 worth of wire, a $5 switch, and a couple hours to make sure everything is tucked away nicely, and you can turn your fan on any time you like.

Boosted_Drop

Established Member
High speed fan turns own at factory setting at 210, never goes beyond that. Yes I have a aem wideband afr gauge and never goes lean, cruising always around 14.2-15.2, wot goes to around 10.5-11.5

Boosted_Drop

Established Member
you can always wire in a switch. I have done that on SN95 cobras I owned in the past that I didn't want to spend the money to tune. about $5 worth of wire, a $5 switch, and a couple hours to make sure everything is tucked away nicely, and you can turn your fan on any time you like.

Did u wire it via fan itself or by pcm wiring

Users who are viewing this thread