98 Cobra 4.6L Teksid block bearings

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
Hello all,
Looking for help selecting main and rod bearings. Steel backed or aluminum backed? Federal Mogul, Clevite, King Bearings? Looking to make 600 to 650 at the crank. Street/Strip car, mostly street.
Engine has 25K miles on it. Stock bore with lightly honed cylinders.
Ross forged aluminum pistons at 9.8:1CR and HD tool steel wrist pins.
Eagle forged steel H-beam Con-rods w/ARP 2000 bolts.
Cobra crank with micro polished journals. Entire rotating assmb. balanced. Vortech V1 S-trim at 15lbs of Boost.
Selecting parts can be a daunting task. I would be grateful for any help.

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
I prefer King bearings, I have them in my build and their accuracy was within .0003" across all main bearings and I believe the same or .0002" for the rods. I use their HP bearings uncoated.

Cobra52898

Established Member

Cobra52898

Established Member
Thanks for your response. Is your engine a push rod, Modular or Coyote engine?
Was it necessary to perform a line hone or line bore on your block to use those bearings?

I prefer King bearings, I have them in my build and their accuracy was within .0003" across all main bearings and I believe the same or .0002" for the rods. I use their HP bearings uncoated.

chao5.0

Established Member
Mine is a BOSS modular block, anytime I do a block I check the align hone and almost always will align hone the block and keep my tolerances within .0003". I will be doing a BBF soon and I again will be going with KING HP and the same prep that went into machining my modular will go into doing my BBF.

Users who are viewing this thread