99/01 and 03/04 Cobra Mid Pipes on 96-98 Cobras

jordansypek

Established Member
Good morning,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread, I did some searching and didn't find results that really answered my question.

Are 99-04 Cobra Mid-Pipes compatible with 96-98 Cobras? I am still running factory headers, and I have a magnaflow cat back at the moment. My factory CATS are clogged, and I need a replacement mid-pipe for when I have to do the entire emissions deal. It's hard tracking down a 96-98 mid-pipe, but when I put a post in the classified section, I'm getting guys saying they have 03/04 Cobra mid-pipes available. Searching through threads, people were saying they hang a bit lower than the factory or after market mid-pipes designed for the 96-98. I'm lowered, and it's already a challenge with my current setup, so you can see my concern when I read this in some posts. Can anybody confirm any of this with me?

I thank you all in advance for your expertise and time.

Jordan

nomoretickets

Established Member
Just go with an o/r midpipe with MIL eliminators. Get the power bump/sound bonus and the plug and play MIL eliminators mean your emissions readiness will still pass the OBD2 check.

jordansypek

Established Member
Here in Connecticut, we have a visual check, they actually get under there and look for cats... ****ing sucks, I used to have a guy that turned a blind eye, but that fell through.

96GT226410

Established Member
I use my stock mid pipe for emissions testing in NJ and I use a Bassani O/R X pipe with plug in MIL's for daily driving. Catted mid pipes are pretty damn expensive new. What I did on my last Mustang (I bought it with a BBK O/R H pipe and didn't have the factory mid pipe) was buy universal high flow 2.5" cats and I welded them in the H pipe. The person I sold the Mustang to hallowed those cats out, but it still passed a visual inspection. Both are options for you.

Users who are viewing this thread