99 Gt WINDSOR REBUILD KIT

99windsor

Hey all,

So I have a 99 gt with a Windsor motor. I've searched everywhere for a rebuild kit to refresh the bottom end. Only rebuild kits I've seen are for romeo engines. Can't seem to find a full kit for a Windsor motor on A&m, Lmr, jegs, Summit, or rock auto. Any one got anything info for me? I tried searching the forum but really didn't see anything on this.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I have one of those 'forgotten about' 4.6's. I'd be interested in any rebuild kits too. I thought about just buying a Romeo, rebuilding it and installing.

Three21

Established Member
I'm also one of the few. Good news is the vast majority of the major components are interchangeable. I'm currently porting my Windsor heads, installing Romeo cams and putting them on a Romeo block.

The rotating assemblies are the same for Romeo and Windsors. Pistons, rings, rods, crank, bearings, etc are all the same.

As for rebuilding PI heads, the lash adjusters, valves, springs, seals and retainers are the same as well. The cams are different (Windsor has pressed on cam gears, Romeo - bolt on) and there is no cam girdle on the Windsor heads.

Users who are viewing this thread