A driver's car

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I do.....when the hellcats that come into my shop run low 11s as they sit, and when I do a couple bolt ons and give them back, they run 10s :)

Unless you're going to be tracking the vehicle, much FASTER vehicles can be had for the money GT350s fetch. I would buy a viper, Trinity car (13-14 GT500), CTS-V, C6z06, etc etc. The GT350s just arent powerful cars.

Well sure it's going to be slower in a straight line compared to monster supercharged cars or cars with big displacement engines. It's all relative though, he was looking for a car that is faster than 80% of cars out there and a stock GT350 certainly fits that bill.

This video is treat to watch and I bet that car hangs in a straight line with a lot of modded cars

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
ATS-V. Best car I've driven in a LONG time.

I had similar criteria and ended up with a V2 with a manual.
I was pretty picky but settled for the recaro's and limited color since adding a manual to the list was a needle in a haystack. I am a little jealous of the manual guys and why I have looked into the ATS-V for the next one for a manual fix.

What are these left overs selling for?

They can be had under $60k with low miles. Optioned out new are $70k.

Here's a one of a few new 2016 V for $58k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=425819557&zip=80521&showcaseOwnerId=64301623&startYear=2015&numRecords=25&endYear=2017&modelCode1=ATS&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=80521&showcaseOwnerId=64301623&startYear=2015&listingType=new&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=ATS&makeCodeList=CAD&modelCode1=ATS&mmt=%5BCAD%5BATS%5BATS%257CV%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingTypes=new&minPrice=30000&trim1=ATS%7CV&makeCode1=CAD&maxPrice=60000&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=ATS%7CV&listingTypes=new&minPrice=30000&makeCode1=CAD&maxPrice=60000&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CAD&modelCode1=ATS

$54k and love this blue.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CAD&modelCode1=ATS

Zemedici

Established Member
Well sure it's going to be slower in a straight line compared to monster supercharged cars or cars with big displacement engines. It's all relative though, he was looking for a car that is faster than 80% of cars out there and a stock GT350 certainly fits that bill.

This video is treat to watch and I bet that car hangs in a straight line with a lot of modded cars

I need to move to where you live, because around here if you're under 600whp you're slow....cars around here don't play.

CobraKid04

Established Member
All these heavy cars with 600+rwhp and TQ can never get off the line on the street. It's a smoke show.

Zr1. Bolt ons and a good tire. Rare and will eat 99.9℅ of anything that pulls up next to you.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I need to move to where you live, because around here if you're under 600whp you're slow....cars around here don't play.

Well, I guess he said 80% of cars he would encounter, not 80% of all cars on the road. Still though, a car like that is pretty fast around here.

Since we get winter a lot of the guys who have enough disposable income to have toys will be dropping pretty big money on diesel trucks and a new snowmobile every couple of years. Combine that with a 6 month driving season and there aren't a ton of really fast street cars up here.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
around here we have every kind of performance car imaginable running around on the street. most of which a GT350 could easily hang with or beat. while's there's tons of hp monsters around youre 100x more likely to run into something much more civilized. vettes, camaros, porsches, M cars, AMGs, etc... i see 1000hp cars at cars n coffee and at the track but not just cruising around in traffic doing dd duty lol. and even still, out of 20,000 hipo cars running the streets in LA, only a fraction of those are going to be monsters. most are going to be 600hp or less.

josephcostello

Established Member
2 door ats v. The person who commented this about how great they were aren't lieing. They are terrific handling cars and plenty fast. I drove a 4 door and the auto absolutely killed it for me, but get a leftover 2 door with a manual trans and you'll have something nice. They look absolutely great, and driving across the country i'm sure they would be comfy as hell.

Blown 89

Established Member
I was pretty picky but settled for the recaro's and limited color since adding a manual to the list was a needle in a haystack. I am a little jealous of the manual guys and why I have looked into the ATS-V for the next one for a manual fix.
I wouldn't have bought my V if it wasn't a manual. That was a big selling point for the car. The ATS-V's shifter is heads and shoulders better than the V2's shifter which is sloppy, long, and vague. The rev matching was pretty bad ass too. Normally I hate that but I can't heel toe the V because the foot-well is too small. The weight difference is noticeable too. The new V's are a noticeable step up from the 2nd generation in every way. The only downside was the back seats....I drove the 4-door and while they were usable there wasn't massive leg room like there is in my wagon.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There is an Autonation near me selling a 2015 Z/28 with 4K miles on the clock 43K! Definitely a car you don't see very often, think most ended up in the garages of baby boomers.

Zemedici

Established Member
Well, I guess he said 80% of cars he would encounter, not 80% of all cars on the road. Still though, a car like that is pretty fast around here.

Since we get winter a lot of the guys who have enough disposable income to have toys will be dropping pretty big money on diesel trucks and a new snowmobile every couple of years. Combine that with a 6 month driving season and there aren't a ton of really fast street cars up here.

ahhhhh I gotcha. Down here in Atlanta, its not uncommon to run across a 700+whp car on the street. Hell in a 2 months span last summer I ran against 20 cars, all making 600+whp, all random encounters. Come on down to Atlanta!

barstowpo

Established Member
Sure sounds like you're describing a GT350. It will beat 80% of the cars it will encounter. Maybe 90% if they follow you onto a winding canyon road. They are comfortable on long trips and fairly efficient as well. Kids and flexible people fit in the back and the trunk is large. I have a 428CJ Mustang and the 350 seems like a modern comfortable version of it. Also when you take it to a road course you really see what an awesome machine it really is. If you want a stoplight warrior something supercharged is more likely in order. If you want a drivers car that's fast under $75000 the GT350 is probably the hot ticket.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wouldn't have bought my V if it wasn't a manual. That was a big selling point for the car. The ATS-V's shifter is heads and shoulders better than the V2's shifter which is sloppy, long, and vague. The rev matching was pretty bad ass too. Normally I hate that but I can't heel toe the V because the foot-well is too small. The weight difference is noticeable too. The new V's are a noticeable step up from the 2nd generation in every way. The only downside was the back seats....I drove the 4-door and while they were usable there wasn't massive leg room like there is in my wagon.

I've come to tolerate manual mode in the V, but still would prefer a manual again. Need to test an ATS-V but the only dealer up here doesn't keep them or the CTS-V in stock. Spoke to the saleslady that handles them and she said people just come in and order them.

Sounds like a similar heel-toe issue that I had with my S4. Footwell was pretty small when you wear a size 14.

Never_Enough

Established Member
C6Z in AO, JSB or LMB. Don't see those colors all the time. Want to make it unique? Put some wheels on & other tasteful mods. Problem solved. Even with my Z06 back to stock appearance on the outside, I still get thumbs up, neck breaking, compliments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread