A driver's car

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Viper but is it an everyday driver?
GT350 but can it highway pull?
GT500 but can it turn?
HC but can it turn?
V/M/AMG/S but does it stand out, reliable?
RS7 but can one be had for 60k?
Z06 does he like it?
997 Turbo can one be had for 60k is it reliable?
Lotus but can it highway pull?

With all your requirements I can't think of one car. Everything is mixed for one reason or another.

As for me:
S6/RS7
17 Raptor ext cab
GT350
SL65
Fiesta ST/Lotus Elise
HC charger

In that order

nxhappy

Established Member
Viper but is it an everyday driver?
GT350 but can it highway pull?
GT500 but can it turn?
HC but can it turn?
RS7 but can one be had for 60k?
Z06 does he like it?
997 Turbo can one be had for 60k is it reliable?
Lotus but can it highway pull?

With all your requirements I can't think of one car. Everything is mixed for one reason or another.

As for me:
S6/RS7
17 Raptor ext cab
GT350
SL65
Fiesta ST/Lotus Elise
HC charger

In that order
my Viper is very comfy. Would be fine as a daily, if the gas bill doesn't phase you lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
my Viper is very comfy. Would be fine as a daily, if the gas bill doesn't phase you lol.

I see it this way : If guys are buying a new vehicle, and worried about putting an extra $200/mo for gas.....they shouldnt buy a new car! hahaha

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I see it this way : If guys are buying a new vehicle, and worried about putting an extra $200/mo for gas.....they shouldnt buy a new car! hahaha

$200 is not insignificant. lol. If you have a set monthly budget for car payment, insurance, and gas, that 200 makes a big difference in what you can "afford."

Zemedici

Established Member
$200 is not insignificant. lol. If you have a set monthly budget for car payment, insurance, and gas, that 200 makes a big difference in what you can "afford."

i exaggerated, Kevin. hahahaha

even if you filled up once more every two weeks, it would be $80 a month....

Blown 89

Established Member
I can speak for the V. Yes it's reliable and yes it stands out...not as much as a Viper but it turns heads more than my Cobra ever did. I had a guy standing on the side of the road yelling for me to do a burnout this morning lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
I can speak for the V. Yes it's reliable and yes it stands out...not as much as a Viper but it turns heads more than my Cobra ever did. I had a guy standing on the side of the road yelling for me to do a burnout this morning lol.

you never had someone yell that shit at you driving a cobra?

I literally hear shit like that every week....of course I live out in the sticks. hahahaha

had a cop pull me over in my 04 just so he could look at the car. Offered to trade cars for the day, he said no :(

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

It looks like any other sedan caddy. Yes you know it's big power if you know about the V. But it's the same with the M5/6 AMG S/RS lines. Those that know will be amazed, 95% won't care.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
ATS-V. Best car I've driven in a LONG time.

I had similar criteria and ended up with a V2 with a manual.

Agreed.

I would get a V coupe in a manual.

It looks like any other sedan caddy. Yes you know it's big power if you know about the V. But it's the same with the M5/6 AMG S/RS lines. Those that know will be amazed, 95% won't care.

And a GT350/500 is just another mustang with stripes.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
SVT 96-98 03/04 07-14 have a much different look. At least to me.

How much is the new 505hp alpha? Commercial just came on. That may solve op question...
They look the same to most people. I've seen people eye ball a six cylinder the same as a Cobra at shows.

I think it's in the $75k range.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I literally hear shit like that every week....of course I live out in the sticks. hahahaha

had a cop pull me over in my 04 just so he could look at the car. Offered to trade cars for the day, he said no :(

The 03 Cobra always got attention, of course this was back in the day, though I am sure it would still draw attention now. Women would flash me, kids would yell burnout, old guys at gas stations would ask how big the motor was...never got that kind of attention in anything else, not the C5Z, nor the 09 GT500, definitely not in any of my 5 F-bodies, though cops pulled me over all the time in my F-boats, probably to see I had meth/coke in the car.

Blown 89

Established Member
That's where you're wrong. I get a ton of people commenting on the car that clearly aren't car people. Old men at stores, moms with their kids at the club, etc. I never would have though that was the case. People go insane over the car. The last time I was at Arizona Motorsports Park racing I had a group of men come over from the golf course to specifically ask about the three wagons in the paddock. Nobody believes me when I explain how much attention the car gets and I don't blame them, I didn't think it would happen either.

Blown 89

Established Member

People did but they were mostly car people or young dudes. Everyone else saw it as a just another Mustang. Now I not only get car guys say things but all sorts of people that know nothing about cars. I have a lot of people ask me what it is. That may be the aftermarket exhaust on a wagon though, who knows.

It might be the area I'm in. Mustangs are a dime a dozen in Phoenix. Just today I had two 350R's rip by me, one in the afternoon and one after work and this morning a Leguna Seca edition. They're literally everywhere.

I don't miss driving the Mustang through neighborhoods going 5 under and having everyone screaming at me to slow down. The V doesn't really get that, even with an after market exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread