ABS Codes C1805 & C1145 - 04 Cobra

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
All,

The ABS light is on and these were the codes returned. C1805 and C1145. I replaced the RF speed sensor as identified; however, the light remains on after several cycles and about 60 miles of driving or so. The 1805 code is the 'mismatched PCM' code, which can be triggered using a different wheel combination I read. The front and rear wheels are aftermarket 18", but are the same front and rear in regards to diameter. The rears are 10" wide. These also have been on the car for years and never triggered an ABS light prior. Any thoughts? I did a search and came up with nothing, but just might be an idiot as well and missed it. :confused:

Things to check? Fingers crossed for not a bad ABS control module, BTW. Haha.

Thanks! AF

hotcobra03

Established Member
I looked and test is in small version ..

It has you check for ground signal on rf..

1805..could be false code triggered from 1145..

hotcobra03

Established Member
z Does the pump motor operate?
the self-test.
PINPOINT TEST F: DTC C1145 (RF), C1155 (LF), C1165 (RR), C1175 (LR), ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SENSOR INPUT CIRCUIT FAILURE
Test Step Result / Action to Take F1 CHECK THE SUSPECT ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SENSOR CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER z Key in OFF position. z Disconnect: Anti-Lock Brake Control Module C135. z Key in ON position. z Measure the voltage between anti-lock brake control module C135 Pins, harness side and ground as follows: z Is any voltage present? DTC Anti-Lock Brake Control Module C135 Pin Circuit C1145 (RF) 4 514 (YE/RD) C1155 (LF) 20 521 (TN/OG) C1165 (RR) 1 494 (TN/LG) C1175 (LR) 22 496 (OG) Yes REPAIR the circuit in question. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self- test. No GO to F2 . F2 CHECK THE SUSPECT ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SENSOR CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO GROUND z Key in OFF position. z Measure the resistance between anti-lock brake Yes GO to F4 .

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
Sounds good. I appreciate the guidance, hotcobra03. I replaced the RF ABS speed sensor and the code remains, so checking into this when I get some time this next weekend. If I changed the sensor, and the code remains after being cleared, does that make the module itself suspect? These are always a PITA to track down.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Did you clear pcm after changing sensor.

I havent had any issues yet on abs..

I have found though following the manual has always fixed my issues..

I do find it takes alot of time to read and understand what manual has you do..

Read over pin test steps..

Wire issues can happen..we just had a rodent eat a harness on our tundra..lite every light on dash and shut off alot things..

Users who are viewing this thread