adding mods what do ya'll think

chevyluv72

Hello,
I have a 2013 with 2.4" pulley, 1 7/8" headers and h pipe, JLT cai, 67mm VMP tb, and tunes, looking to add 10% overdrive pulley and triple pass heat exchanger with meth injection in the intake tube to cool supercharger. What do you think? what hp pick up do you think it will achieve? Any ideas and thoughts greatly welcome.
Thanks

manny231988

Established Member
I'm in the middle of similar mods I'm just doing the 10% lower not both. Ford Racing 65 mm, jlt intake, arh 1 7/8 headers,mgw shifter, Think both upper and lower change is a little to much boost for these rods, i did the headers myself and they were a pain in the ass install took me bout 9 hrs non stop, number wise I have no clue really as long I'm north of 700 whp I'll be happy, what are your numbers now with current mods ?

chevyluv72

I'm in the middle of similar mods I'm just doing the 10% lower not both. Ford Racing 65 mm, jlt intake, arh 1 7/8 headers,mgw shifter, Think both upper and lower change is a little to much boost for these rods, i did the headers myself and they were a pain in the ass install took me bout 9 hrs non stop, number wise I have no clue really as long I'm north of 700 whp I'll be happy, what are your numbers now with current mods ?
I agree it took me about 7 hours to install myself. I took it to the track with 93% humidity it ran a 7.38 at 97 in the 1/8. I was hoping to see 7.0's

Zemedici

Established Member
Meth isn't really recommended on PD blowers, and that'll be a LOT of boost for pump gas. Make the jump to E85, you'll get the cooling effects of the Meth and can get a bit more aggressive with tuning / boost.

chevyluv72

Meth isn't really recommended on PD blowers, and that'll be a LOT of boost for pump gas. Make the jump to E85, you'll get the cooling effects of the Meth and can get a bit more aggressive with tuning / boost
Ok sounds good do you have to add flex fuel to run E85?

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
You don't need a return fuel system on the 13-14's. all you need is id1000 or 1300's and a KB comp 20v BAP. A stainless fuel filter is also a good idea but not necessarily needed. I'm running 21 psi on a KB 3.6 with those mods on e85 and I'm right on the edge of the fuel system and motor. You would be fine with plenty more room to grow with them mods on your setup

Zemedici

Established Member
You don't need a return fuel system on the 13-14's. all you need is id1000 or 1300's and a KB comp 20v BAP. A stainless fuel filter is also a good idea but not necessarily needed. I'm running 21 psi on a KB 3.6 with those mods on e85 and I'm right on the edge of the fuel system and motor. You would be fine with plenty more room to grow with them mods on your setup

Totes missed it was a trinity car, my apologies

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I pretty much have the same mods as you just adding a port matched BPS plenum and Corsa Sport straight thru mufflers. I also considered adding the 10% lower crank but was told the same advice as provided above. At 20psi boost 93 octane is likely not going to make it. I then considered swapping back to the stock upper 2.67 pulley with 10% lower but that would likely only net me 1-1.5 extra psi boost. Currently I'm at 16.6 with the 2.4 upper. In the end I wound up buying a SCJ Mono Blade which guys with high 600-700 hp have posted gains between .75 and 1lb boost and 20rwhp. Install is Thursday with hope for that full extra 1 lb boost. In the end I hope to be near my goal of 17.5lbs. Maybe....next season I'd spring for the 10% lower but again only with the stocker up top as shops tell me that's required for 93 octane. I also have 4.10 gears which makes it quite a handful as it is. I was not planning on any BAP upgrades at this point but would like to tip over 700rwhp despite the 4.10's. It seems unless you're looking to run the E85 both pulley upgrades could be harmful.
Are you running the stock 3.31's ?

Last edited:

Beercules

Established Member
i was about 700 whp before the upper.

water/meth...my rotors were losing the coating BEFORE i started spraying and havent lost any since, so i dont know about those claims. i think its just manufacturing defect. also the coating is designed as a wear item and to help fill the tolerances for better efficiency.

its debatable if water meth will do much before the blower, or if it will just cool down the rotors. mine does ask for 3 extra degrees of timing when spraying.

we have a member who is injecting from under the intake, and i noticed theres likely enough meat at the front of the intake, under the blower, to the right of the boost reference point that MIGHT be a decent place to drill a hole...do a lot of thinking before trying.

mebetter

Established Member
What kind of 1/8 mile times do you see?

I ran a 7.3 with intake and tb. I haven't ran it with the new set-up of h pipe, 67 tb, large inlet, 2.39 pulley, id 1000, jms bap, and e-85.

I understand a lot of people don't necessarily want to spend the money on id 1000's and BAP; but the way I see it is it's cheaper to run e-85 and keep it safer and make more power than it is running 91-93 with a pulley set-up and risk a $10k upgrade after grenading the motor.

99VERT

Established Member
I just had mine retuned after I installed Kooks 1-7/8 long tubes and Offroad X pipe. Car made 704 SAE with one pull on the dyno. Car has 4.10 gears on this pull verses last dyno tune I had 3.55s. Tuner said injectors were close to the limits. I told him call it a day and button it up! Mods are in my in the signature! Boost dropped 1.5 lbs.
Dyno.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
Hello,
I have a 2013 with 2.4" pulley, 1 7/8" headers and h pipe, JLT cai, 67mm VMP tb, and tunes, looking to add 10% overdrive pulley and triple pass heat exchanger with meth injection in the intake tube to cool supercharger. What do you think? what hp pick up do you think it will achieve? Any ideas and thoughts greatly welcome.
Thanks
Instead of taxing the Blower and boost to the edge, Id install 3.73 Gears instead. You will get closer to 7.00et's with traction.

Users who are viewing this thread