Advantage III sct software?

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
would like to know if Advantage III software is worth the 350 bucks to tune your own car?
tired of always needing a tuner for all the small stuff I do and try out.

thanks in advance

Gary

cj428mach

Established Member
If your car is a pre 2004 I'd look at binary editor and a quarter horse chip. This will let you tune real time while the car is running, instead of having to shut the car off and reflash it.

With my QH chip I could probably tweak the whole MAF tranfer in the time it would take for you to make one change with SCT PRP. You can buy the stuff you need at www.coretuning.net.

Theres also Tunerpro software that you can find out about at www.efidynotuning.com its free and works the same way. Its a way more powerful software as you can do a lot of custom stuff if you're a computer hacker, but its a little harder to use and understand.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
would like to know if Advantage III software is worth the 350 bucks to tune your own car?
tired of always needing a tuner for all the small stuff I do and try out.

thanks in advance

Gary

I bought the pro racer software around a year ago and after messing with the program for about 10 minutes, decided I need training on it before messing with anything and I haven't touched it since. There are a ton of parameters, I see the potential is there to be worth the $ I think, but I found it pretty complicated. I am no professional tuner though and no prior exp. with any other programs, so take this with a grain of salt.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I'll add one more thing, my personal experience with SCT tech support is not good. One probably could take some time with the pro racer and get going with it, trial and error even, but my biggest fear was that I would cause an issue with my car and not be able to drive it and I would be ****ed.

When I first bought my X4 the pre loaded tune for the lightning MAF would not allow my car to start. Tried working with tech support and First attempt to contact SCT, I was on hold for 4 hours. Said **** it, took the maf off, re- loaded the canned tune and forgot about it for 2 weeks. Tried again and got through quickly this time, however they ended up taking a bunch of info from me, ECU code, Maf part number ect. and said they would need to look into and get back to me, they never did. I said **** it, spent the $400 and took my car for a custom dyno tune.

SVTag

Established Member
I recommend it if you like to tinker and don't want to rely on a tuner for every change.

I would recommend buying LaSota's manual, though. It's really helpful with the basics and setting up your base tune.

Users who are viewing this thread