Aftermarket seats

meliskyc

Established Member
Excellent pick up. The weight savings is a key piece, but the comfort level is the icing on the cake.

I grabbed mine from LMR with either 10 or 15% off. That right there paid for the brackets.

If you can get a big purchase like this for 10 or 15% off, that’s a big savings. Mine came to a little over $1,500 for everything so at 10%, that’s $150. Paid for almost both brackets right there. To the OP, I’d be searching for the seats now during the season of sales.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I know you mentioned adjustable backs but just chiming in here for a different opinion. During the Black Friday sale at LMR, I picked up a set of the Corbeau FX1’s with a harness bar, 5 points, and double locking brackets. Again, not recline-able, and also not daily driven, but I find the seats to be comfortable and have a good posture position. Back seat is now completely useless, as if it wasn’t already useless before that. Apologies in advance for the terrible picture. 27 lbs per seat with bracket as opposed to 50-60 lbs per each factory seat. Plus, I found the factory seats slightly uncomfortable anyway.

Those look nice! I need the adjustable back, but I like the look of those regardless.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I love my Recaro sortster CS's. Adjustable back and it folds, so if you had a back seat you can get people to it. But a little pricey.

Attachments

• DSC05266.JPG
    DSC05266.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC05280.JPG
    DSC05280.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 205

meliskyc

Established Member
I love my Recaro sortster CS's. Adjustable back and it folds, so if you had a back seat you can get people to it. But a little pricey.

I apologize for getting slightly off topic but shooty, how do you like your rear seat delete? I’m mainly concerned with the level of noise with one of those as opposed to just leaving the rear seats in.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Man those CS's are nice Shooty! CR1's here, I like them overall but my future Cobra (S650) lol will get better quality recliners.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I apologize for getting slightly off topic but shooty, how do you like your rear seat delete? I’m mainly concerned with the level of noise with one of those as opposed to just leaving the rear seats in.

I always thought of the same thing., Would be nice to use under the bottom area as storage though.

meliskyc

Established Member
I always thought of the same thing., Would be nice to use under the bottom area as storage though.

The factory rear seats are thick with foam and lined with trunk material on the back so I would think that they would absorb or block much more noise than the seat deletes, which are usually made of plywood and carpet. Unless you DynaMat’d the bottom of the delete kit but I still don’t know if it would do as good of a job as just leaving the rear seats in.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The factory rear seats are thick with foam and lined with trunk material on the back so I would think that they would absorb or block much more noise than the seat deletes, which are usually made of plywood and carpet. Unless you DynaMat’d the bottom of the delete kit but I still don’t know if it would do as good of a job as just leaving the rear seats in.

Yeah exactly. I'd love to hear how bad it is after the swap though.
Can anyone throw any insight our way?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Thanks for the complements guy's.

meliskyc is right, just plywood/pegboard and carpet. So it does feel kind of cheap. But into drag racing so shedding 35 lbs or so is nice.

As far as noise goes from trunk area, only thing I notice driving around is the fuel pumps. (twin 450's) which I am used to.

It's louder(fuel pumps) outside the trunk then in inside the cabin. The dynomat I am sure would help but not wanting the extra weight.

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
If I wasn't into drag racing I would probably skip the mod. Maybe look for a set up that allows a storage spot like 98 svt suggested.

jobsi

Established Member
Any recommendations for bigger guys
I’m a 38-40 waist ,6’3”
I would like to get something a little more comfortable . I’m not looking for a full race seat just something I fit better into and looks good

Users who are viewing this thread