*ahem* Safe to drive?

03Predator

Established Member
Saw this on M6G tonight. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordShelbyGT350Owners/permalink/1290909760975831/

Either owners of this car don't care about the oil line recall or they do. I'm in the latter group. In fact, I'm at the very top, shouting from the rafters about how unhappy I am that I can't drive my $60k car! Yeah, yeah, Ford "can't tell you not to drive your car" but with pictures of burning 350's by the roadside and stories of owners whose cars have either caught fire or lost oil, I have decided to not drive mine. Does this give me pleasure...to let my fun, expensive (most money I've ever spent, by the way) Mustang sit for 5 months waiting for a fix that should have been addressed before Ford produced new vehicles with the corrected parts? Most definitely NOT.

The more time passes the more I regret selling my Mystichrome. I may look in to trading it...IF I even can!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I drive mine as often as possible. If the oil line goes then ford is on the hook for all of it. Go out and enjoy the car brother. The only situation I would think twice about are track events since that oil could send you or someone else into a wall.

03Predator

Established Member
ETA is hilariously "the first quarter of 2017." If you've parked your car since this recall was issued to dealers, that's half a year! I would drive the car, but that would piss my husband off and I won't let my son in it knowing what could possibly happen. But if it were just me, I might putter around town.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ETA is hilariously "the first quarter of 2017." If you've parked your car since this recall was issued to dealers, that's half a year! I would drive the car, but that would piss my husband off and I won't let my son in it knowing what could possibly happen. But if it were just me, I might putter around town.

Tell me about it. I have two Transit Connects on my lot that I've had for 3 months, with 5 months left to go before I can sell them.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tell me about it. I have two Transit Connects on my lot that I've had for 3 months, with 5 months left to go before I can sell them.
I'm not being facetious here, but why do you only have 5 months left to sell them? What happens after the 5 months?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not being facetious here, but why do you only have 5 months left to sell them? What happens after the 5 months?
I can't sell them for 5 months. There's an open recall (no sale) and parts won't be available until May-ish.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
As someone who put almost 12k miles on one in about 9 mos, and had zero issues, I would not be concerned

Rainier42

Established Member
Mine is put away for the Winter. However, since we don't know when a fix will come out, I can't plan any early Spring track events at this point.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If I had one and wanted to drive (and lived somewhere a lot warmer!), I would go down to my friendly performance shop and pull the stock cooler and lines out and replace with aftermarket.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I got lucky ...... working at a Ford store the recall notice didnt come out until after I bought my GT350. The production date on my 17? 09/01/2016
The other reason Im glad I waited is that I didnt know the difference about the tranny and or differential coolers not being added if you didnt get the trak pak
As we all know now ... the 17's come std with all of this now

don

03Predator

Established Member
What's next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure yet. My original plan was to upgrade to a '17 but I'm not sure yet. I might want something different. I've had a Mustang for the last 18 years. I've looked at a GT-R, Alfa Romeo 4C, Maserati GranTurismo, and BMW M3 or M4. My problem is all of them would be used with more miles than my '16. Not sure I want to take that gamble.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Not sure yet. My original plan was to upgrade to a '17 but I'm not sure yet. I might want something different. I've had a Mustang for the last 18 years. I've looked at a GT-R, Alfa Romeo 4C, Maserati GranTurismo, and BMW M3 or M4. My problem is all of them would be used with more miles than my '16. Not sure I want to take that gamble.

I'm in the same boat as you. Sold my GT350 after 10 mustangs

Might want to add a 13+ viper to that list, the 13/14s are in the 70s now

Users who are viewing this thread