Air Deflector

NS-GT500

Hello to all,
I'm new to this site and my first post. I have a '13 gt500 and recently ordered in the lower front chin trim kit. Part # DR3Z 63001A04 AA which came as a 3 pc kit (2 corners & a centre) from our local SVT dealer. Sizing looks correct, but has slight differences compared to the factor unit.
The other slightly quirky thing is these parts are made in Canada-- which seems a bit odd as I believe there is just the one Ford facility in the USA that build Shelby's
Wondering if anyone has gone thru this replacement process.??
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have the front splitter off my 14, sitting in my basement since Sept. 2013.
These should be the same item, the # on the box is (DR3V-001A04-AC3JA6)
Date of mfg. is ( 08/01/13 ), all three parts are made in Canada.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The other slightly quirky thing is these parts are made in Canada-- which seems a bit odd as I believe there is just the one Ford facility in the USA that build Shelby's

The Ford Shelby GT500 was assembled at the Flat Rock, MI assembly plant. The parts that make up the GT500 are made by suppliers that are located all over the world.

NS-GT500

Well that's interesting. I assume you have 1 piece (the top) that is the full width and 2 corner pieces that mount under the top section? So you did not install the trim at all. Are you looking to sell and where are you located?
Thanks for your response.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought replacement pieces (all front splitters) and the top piece (common to all GT500s) is uneven across the front. My painter and I thought the first was a defect, but sure enough my original and the second at dealer also had the same slightly wavy appearance. Almost a dip that is symmetrical on each side.
It's partially hidden when all black, but when I painted the upper Sterling grey it's more noticeable and can be straightened by the painter/body shop.
Otherwise, installing the '13-14 specific pieces will somewhat hide it.
Just a heads up and it's a great upgrade to paint the upper before installing the lower '13-14 pieces. Combined with the Roush side and rear splitters it completes the car the way Ford should have.
My advice, if planning to keep the car, buy the '13-14 specific front parts now as the ALL will get some rash.
-J

NS-GT500

Thanks for all the feedback. I will inquire about the ........AC3JA6 part on Monday.
Bimini, I'm not quite sure what you are describing?? -- the 3 pieces in question mount under the lower front nose painted body panel. The issue I am encountering is the replacement parts are a bit different in profile then the original. Do you happen to have pics of your install?

NS-GT500

.....following a (much) closer look at the front air splitter set-up, I discovered there are actually 4 pieces!! Did not realize as that assembly was dealer installed. The complete width top section and the 3 pcs mounted under, which are the replacement parts I purchased. With which I am good to go.
Appologies for my confusion and initial posting.
Cheers, Bill.

stanger1

Established Member
OP,
With the upper painted, I would love to see how that looks. If you could post a pictures, would be much appreciated..

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
89B3AC32-F5F2-4758-B90D-41EE9969D8DE_zpshooiknv5.png
89B3AC32-F5F2-4758-B90D-41EE9969D8DE_zpshooiknv5.png

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry I hate posting from iPad and no great close up but this is done with exception of stripes on painted upper full length piece.
That upper piece has a slightly wavy appearance as shipped by Ford.
As I mentioned above, the front '13-14 pieces really make the car and the Roush sides finish it perfectly.
The whole deal is a jigsaw puzzle and not fun to assemble.
-J

stanger1

Established Member
That looks really good. Should have been painted from the factory.
The color combo is awesome.
Thanks for putting up the pictures..

Users who are viewing this thread