Altcoin Discussion

GodStang

Established Member
I know there is a Bitcoin thread but this is not about Bitcoin and whether you believe in Crypto. This is to discuss what Altcoins you like and other CC info. Bitcoin talk is also welcome.

I jumped on the Bitcoin wagon but recently sold half of it to jump on the XRP train a few days ago. Glad I did (up 58% overnight). Used Coinbase to start off then sent that currency to Binance and do my exchanging there.

What do you have/What do you like? Currency and Apps?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I need to complete my Binance registration so I can pick up Ripple and IOTA. I'm pretty much on the same track as you except I avoided Bitcoin and am sticking with the other. I'm going with Ethereum for the long run.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've got my money in LTC, ETH, Cardano, and Stellar.

I'm at 120% gain already on my LTC and ETH purchases, just hope they keep going up. My next target was Ripple, plan on getting some when it drops back down.

sdoo500

Established Member
Only invested in LTC and Bitcoin Cash (short term) for now but just finished Binance registration and verification. Also jumping on Ripple and IOTA. A lot of people are thinking Ripple is next to be added to Coinbase which should make it jump like crazy at first.

Meant to invest in Verge earlier this week based off friend's recomendation, but forgot. Kicking myself as it's up roughly 100% since Tuesday

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I don't understand. Isnt this whole coin thing a sham? There is no actual value, isn't it like investing in nothing?

I'm not being sarcastic or negative, I just don't understand how there is value in it.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Waiting for transactions to clear on coinbase so I can play around on binance. Someone mentioned kraken (I think) in the other thread as a necessity for this stuff. Never got an answer as to why.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't understand. Isnt this whole coin thing a sham? There is no actual value, isn't it like investing in nothing?

I'm not being sarcastic or negative, I just don't understand how there is value in it.

its 'crypto-currency' - or currency used electronically. There is no 'real world' value as it cannot be printed like traditional currrencty. There will always be a place for crypto currency, though. Many websites have started using it, and I believe DirectTV allows you to pay your bills with Bitcoin now....its a trend that I do not think will die off.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
its 'crypto-currency' - or currency used electronically. There is no 'real world' value as it cannot be printed like traditional currrencty. There will always be a place for crypto currency, though. Many websites have started using it, and I believe DirectTV allows you to pay your bills with Bitcoin now....its a trend that I do not think will die off.
And if .gov ever manages to move completely away from cash (you know they want to) people will become even more comfortable with the concept of electronic currency.

GodStang

Established Member
A few countries are looking to fully adopt CC like XRP which I think is making it big. Once it goes to Coinbase in 2018 it will boom. Should of bought more when I did.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Prices went way down! Iactually started to think about selling so I could buy at the bottom, but ETH rebounded. I moved some LTC over to Binance and bought 100 XRP and used the remainder of what I transferred on IOTA.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm currently mining for Vertcoin as I write this, the sys admin at work hosts a node that a few of us mine from. I'll probably end up throwing a few bucks at it at some point. The growth patterns are mirroring Ethereum which IIRC shot up tremendously this past summer.

Meant to invest in Verge earlier this week based off friend's recomendation, but forgot. Kicking myself as it's up roughly 100% since Tuesday

One of the engineers I work with made 2300 bucks off Verge's price increase.

Blades

Established Member
Uh.. dare I say to diversify into some physical silver? You all can Instagram pics of it and make it super digital. Jk, I know most won't. Enjoy the crypto game.. vertcoin looks legit (ish).. pre-mined stuff I really really don't trust.

GodStang

Established Member
I'm currently mining for Vertcoin as I write this, the sys admin at work hosts a node that a few of us mine from. I'll probably end up throwing a few bucks at it at some point. The growth patterns are mirroring Ethereum which IIRC shot up tremendously this past summer.

One of the engineers I work with made 2300 bucks off Verge's price increase.

Ya I use multipool miner and then convert what ever I mine to ETH and then send it to either my JAX wallet or to Binance to reinvest.

Uh.. dare I say to diversify into some physical silver? You all can Instagram pics of it and make it super digital. Jk, I know most won't. Enjoy the crypto game.. vertcoin looks legit (ish).. pre-mined stuff I really really don't trust.

I do have 99% of my stuff in "Real Stocks, mutual funds, yadda yadda, yadda", but I had some extra money to play with so I am messing around with the Altcoin world.

Users who are viewing this thread