Altcoin Discussion

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don’t have the time to dedicate to it like I thought I would. I doubled my money and pulled out. On its way to my bank account now.

Carry on for me!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as far as trying to keep up on all these penny stocks, but I still plan to stay pretty dedicated to ETH. But I know my attention will continue to try and make money on these other ones that continue to bite me in the ass lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm pretty much in the same boat as far as trying to keep up on all these penny stocks, but I still plan to stay pretty dedicated to ETH. But I know my attention will continue to try and make money on these other ones that continue to bite me in the ass lol.

Yeah I would notice slight uptrends and get all excited. My attention span is too short. Hahah

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Yeah I would notice slight uptrends and get all excited. My attention span is too short. Hahah

I'd see something going up and think I'm jumping in while there is still an uptrend and then it would plummet right after I got in lol. Biggest one to get me was VIBE. Man, did that one really get me, but luckily I didn't put too much in it.

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah man ICO's are tough, they almost always drop under $1 eventually then come back pretty hard

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
please tell me you sold these last night into the pump

What do you mean by "pump"? The price action right now really doesn't bother me, in fact, it was expected if this was going to continue higher.

These are long-term holds for me. Ideally I would like BTC to come down to $8k level for another add in both. All I see is a healthy retracement before we move up further. That is just my opinion. I don't think the bubble has come close to popping.

Not sure about the alt coins though.

I'm hoping Bitcoin comes down to the $8k-$10k range again and holds that area before testing $20k again. I think it would be healthy long-term.

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
What do you mean by "pump"? The price action right now really doesn't bother me, in fact, it was expected if this was going to continue higher.

These are long-term holds for me. Ideally I would like BTC to come down to $8k level for another add in both. All I see is a healthy retracement before we move up further. That is just my opinion. I don't think the bubble has come close to popping.

Not sure about the alt coins though.

I mean going from $800 to $1100 in minutes is not normal price action by any mean.... IE a pump and yeah you can sure hold all these long term and hopefully eventually make your money back, but why not cash in on the these pumps and be holding even more of whatever your holding now when it inevitably dumps again as it is continuing to do over and over

96gt02

Established Member
All im seeing so far today is a bunch of dead cat bounces, nothing even playable in all this dumping makes me sad.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Im still holding. I told myself I was going to be in the market for a couple years, with the hope to make some decent money. I dont care that Ive lost most of my gains. The market should come back around but who knows when. I'll come re-visit this post in a year and see where we are at. Im all in on ETH, a couple hundred XRP, and like 45 VEN.

Id like to hold VEN, REQ, and maybe ICX in the future. Probably some more XRP wouldnt hurt either.

In other news: my 401k is doing quite well!

Last edited:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I mean going from $800 to $1100 in minutes is not normal price action by any mean.... IE a pump and yeah you can sure hold all these long term and hopefully eventually make your money back, but why not cash in on the these pumps and be holding even more of whatever your holding now when it inevitably dumps again as it is continuing to do over and over

It's all relative IMO. I don't see anything that is indicating mass exiting or that this isn't just another round of consolidation. I don't agree that coins like BTC and ETH are "pumps". To me, a "pump" is something that is being manipulated by a group or person.

Logan@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This trend is very common this time of the year. I hope everyone is loading up into these coins and dropping their DCA as low as possible. Coins to watch (in my opinion):
XLM
ETH (I know not an alt but when dipping sub $800 it is a fantastic buy)
XRP (I do not like the proof of concept, but money to be made)
SUB
IOTA (My favorite coin to date. If it comes to life as hoped, it'll be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
TRX is up and I'm hoping it continues to go up where I can sell off half and jump into some of these other ones before they start to go up again.

And what about Litecoin? It's below where I initially bought in at and I made pretty good money off of that before it went flat at $380. Could see it going back up to $250-300 again.

96gt02

Established Member
To me, a "pump" is something that is being manipulated by a group or person.

I hope you do realize that literally every single crypto is being manipulated right? There are absolutely no barriers to defend against it
This trend is very common this time of the year. I hope everyone is loading up into these coins and dropping their DCA as low as possible. Coins to watch (in my opinion):
XLM
ETH (I know not an alt but when dipping sub $800 it is a fantastic buy)
XRP (I do not like the proof of concept, but money to be made)
SUB
IOTA (My favorite coin to date. If it comes to life as hoped, it'll be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Agreed... after this bloodbath is over, there will be money to be made on all these, IOTA is a particular favorite of mine although I don't even own any because its too boring (which is a good thing) Another pick of mine is POE since its one of the few coins still in the single cents that has a reasonable market cap ( I believe 2 billion circ) meaning it has the potential to go up to the dollars and mean relatively nothing in the scheme of market cap unlike say a XRP or TRX.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I hope you do realize that literally every single crypto is being manipulated right? There are absolutely no barriers to defend against it

I am talking about BTC and ETH. Who is manipulating those two? I am not talking about alt-coins. Nothing different than penny stocks as far as I am concerned.

96gt02

Established Member
I am talking about BTC and ETH. Who is manipulating those two? I am not talking about alt-coins. Nothing different than penny stocks as far as I am concerned.

ETH is definitely manipulated, did you see those swings? BTC is the hardest to manipulate because you need a ton of money, but why wouldnt someone or a group with a ton of money not manipulate any of these? Did you not see the Hoffs post a few pages back where he admitted he is a pump group with whales and gave valid proof, that's just one small group of many

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
ETH is definitely manipulated, did you see those swings? BTC is the hardest to manipulate because you need a ton of money, but why wouldnt someone or a group with a ton of money not manipulate any of these? Did you not see the Hoffs post a few pages back where he admitted he is a pump group with whales and gave valid proof, that's just one small group of many

I don't agree that ETH is being manipulated. Show me any pump group that has the funds to manipulate ETH. Again, I am not talking about alt-coins, I am talking only about BTC and ETH. You can maybe persuade me that politicians or countries can manipulate something like ETH through headlines, but I highly doubt you can show me anyone who is manipulating it with their wallet.

Regardless, I am almost strictly a chart and price action trader. Nothing I am seeing is screaming "the bubble has burst". I saw this coming, there was no way to head higher without retracing and consolidating.

As far as Hoff, yes I saw the post. I have never seen anyone willingly admit they are in a pump group lol.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
BAT - Anyone else liking this as much as me? I really like the idea here, but curious what you all think (if you have researched). The guy below has 6M subscribers on YT. YouTube is only getting more strict with who gets monetized (thanks liberal America) so I only see more and more content creators looking for alternatives. I think most people won't want to get out a CC and send someone money for their content, but if they have BAT that they have accumulated just from browsing, it's almost like free money and it can be easily sent to someone. I also like the fact this still doesn't have many eyes on it, and it's not being whored out by all the pumpers. Most importantly though, I love the management on this team!

upload_2018-1-17_16-12-44.png

I picked up more today @ $0.37. Average is now $0.53. I am done adding for now in BAT. I want to let some time go by and see what happens before adding again. I have put in about 60% of the money I am willing to let ride in this. This is definitely a minimum one year hold for me unless I have a very good reason to take some profits.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
BAT - Anyone else liking this as much as me? I really like the idea here, but curious what you all think (if you have researched). The guy below has 6M subscribers on YT. YouTube is only getting more strict with who gets monetized (thanks liberal America) so I only see more and more content creators looking for alternatives. I think most people won't want to get out a CC and send someone money for their content, but if they have BAT that they have accumulated just from browsing, it's almost like free money and it can be easily sent to someone. I also like the fact this still doesn't have many eyes on it, and it's not being whored out by all the pumpers. Most importantly though, I love the management on this team!

View attachment 1458922

I picked up more today @ $0.37. Average is now $0.53. I am done adding for now in BAT. I want to let some time go by and see what happens before adding again. I have put in about 60% of the money I am willing to let ride in this. This is definitely a minimum one year hold for me unless I have a very good reason to take some profits.
It's the one I got into early on and never got rid of no matter what. I think Im sitting pretty good on it as it is, but the fact it hasn't had a huge upswing yet and there is good content and team behind is why Im staying with it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread