Aluminum wheel sealer?

wudy

Established Member
I recently picked up a set of SVE 3 wheels. They have gloss black centers and I believe raw aluminum polished rim. I'm not sure what to do with the rim. Do I polish and seal? Or just clean and seal? What should I be using for longevity? I dont want to be resealing every week. Once a year is what I'm hoping for. But want to keep these looking mint for a long time.

wudy

Established Member
Clean, polish and ceramic coat them. This will give you the most longevity.
I was hoping you would chime in. Ive read most of your posts in this section. Is there a product you recommend. I'm seeing Nano mostly when I google it. And this is something I can apply myself correct?

Last edited:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I was hoping you would chime in. Ive read most of your posts in this section. Is there a product you recommend. I'm seeing Nano mostly when I google it. And this is something I can apply myself correct?

Yes, you can apply a ceramic/glass/nano coating yourself. And if your wheels are clear coated, you can still coat them!

Look up ceramic coatings on Autogeek...they carry a few excellent brands_Gtechniq, CarPro, etc. and then do some research/reading/watch some videos on them to help you decide.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Helpful, knowledgeable guys like Scott are in part what makes SVTP so great!

Franco

Established Member
Do ceramic coatings reduce the level of "shine" of polished aluminum wheels? I would love to put something on my CCW's to make cleaning easier!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

They do not at all reduce the shine. If anything they increase the shine. Also makes maintenance of them a lot easier.

I coated a set of ccws and it's been a year. The car is used frequently and they look the same as the day I coated them.

SBVERT03

Established Member
They do not at all reduce the shine. If anything they increase the shine. Also makes maintenance of them a lot easier.

I coated a set of ccws and it's been a year. The car is used frequently and they look the same as the day I coated them.

That's awesome! Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Do you have a specific product that you would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Franco

Established Member
I use c-Quartz and ceramic pro depending on what the customer requests.

C-Quartz is available commercially and works very well.

Unfortunately it's not that easy to get ceramic pro unless you are certified and have an account

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Sealer checked off. What about polish? Trying to stay away from on the shelf crap. Need to clean up my Chicane lips before my detailer seals them up.

Users who are viewing this thread