Am I missing anything (Mods)

rhite95

Established Member
I have a 14 Roush rs3 A6. I have 79mm pulley and VMP email tune. I am
wanting to do Kooks 1 7/8 LT's with Kooks O/R H pipe and Borla OAP with Borla
touring mufflers. I would also like to do JLT CAI with 56 pound injectors. Not sure what CAI to go with. I will have VMP do a new tune for the new mods.

93 octane

Will I need a boost a pump?

How about an 67 TB or am I good with the stock one?

Is there anything I am missing or you would change?

Thanks

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member
Second 1050x injectors. I would go PMAS 149 since i assume your getting brand new CAI. Catch cans.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Is the car going to run on 93, if so I would consider running a 82mm pulley. You will be on the edge with the 79 unless you run some type of octane booster.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
The only bad I see is that the 1050's are way more money and I don't plan on making any more power than it makes after this round of mods.

That’s fine, but we all know it won’t be the end of the mods. Why spend the money twice? Just my opinion though. They will allow you to run E85 as well, if you ever decided to get a fuel system.

rhite95

Established Member
Is the car going to run on 93, if so I would consider running a 82mm pulley. You will be on the edge with the 79 unless you run some type of octane booster.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

It will run on 93, so good point on the 82mm pulley.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The 79mm is the smallest you can run on gas pump and without adding a fuel booster.
I "assume" you are referring to the 123 JLT cai? I heard the PMAS cai are pretty good as well. I think VMP sells them too.

rhite95

Established Member
No converter for now.

I think if I make anymore power I will have to build the motor and I don't want to go down that road. If it goes 10:50's I will be SUPER Happy !!

Stang Lover

Established Member
Stock converter is great for the PD blowers to a certain point. I would go ahead and get the 1050x injectors they would set you up for the next round(s)of mods.

Stang Lover

Established Member
This what the PMAS 149 gained over the PMAS 120. Skip to 7:45 mark to see the full Dyno pull.

rhite95

Established Member
The 79mm is the smallest you can run on gas pump and without adding a fuel booster.
I "assume" you are referring to the 123 JLT cai? I heard the PMAS cai are pretty good as well. I think VMP sells them too.

I think I might have to give the PMAS a try !!

How much power to you guys think it will make?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are you on any kind of budget? If you can swing it I would do the longtubes with a VMP 67mm TB or the K2 68mm TB. Palm Beach Dyno has their dual 68mm TB on sale for the rest of the month for 599 shipped. Between the headers and the throttle body you should gain 30-50 hp on your current boost level.

As I said earlier you have to be close to maxing out the stock pump, with the above mods added I would strongly encourage you to add a boost a pump. There are several out there to choose from with the VMP unit being a popular one. I have always preferred the JMS boost a pumps because they only activate under WOT, meaning your fuel pump only sees the increased voltage under WOT whereas the VMP unit continuously runs at 18 Volts.

While the 1050s are a better injector overall you will be fine running the 56 lbers if you decide to get them. Again, if your not concerned with cost then spend a few hundred more on the IDs. There are quite a few vendors that can get you a set of under 900 shipped.

rhite95

Established Member
This is what parts I have so far...
I might have to do a catted h pipe from Kooks. VMP said they will not install a non catted
h pipe and tune it.
Kooks LT 1 7/8
Kooks O/R H pipe
Borla Touring cat back and teir OTA's
ID 1050's
Pmas 120

Users who are viewing this thread