AMC The Walking Dead

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
hey AMC, im done with you...12 episodes and this b.s, mid season break...ive lost interest in the show. do it right or leave it alone

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I liked the 1st season... Didn't really get into the second.

The old man that owned the property always sounded like he was an actor in a church Christmas play reading a script.. one of those small annoyances that can completely turn you against something i guess

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
The only good episode of season two was the mid-season finale. AMC stop making this show a soap opera I want some zombie slaying!

C.Wied

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
The Walking Dead is a little strange as far as TV series go. There's only been 13 episodes broadcast in total and that only equals one standard TV season. Thing is they showed the first 6 episodes at the end of 2010 and the remaining 7 episodes at the end of this year. I wonder if production costs are a factor in breaking it up into shorter broadcast seasons?

It's a great series and I agree that these shortened 6 & 7 episode seasons suck ass.

U.M.

Last edited:

clbailey

Established Member
This show is and was shot down in my hometown in Coweta County, has caused alot of headaches for locals with road closeurs and random extras still walking around walmart in their makeup.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
The first season was good, but as stated the only good episode in the second season was the mid-season finale. I hope when they finish the season it will be less of a soap opera and have a lot more action.

trendkilllx

Established Member
I'm also disappointed with season 2. The last ten minutes of the last episode were pretty good. I hope they pick up the pace for the second half of the season.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
"Cherokee Rose" was the best episode of season 2. Lot's of good zombie gore and humor in that one.

Overall not enough of the main characters die. The whole point of a good zombie show is that everyone dies, eventually.

96svtdriver

Established Member
The only good episode of season two was the mid-season finale. AMC stop making this show a soap opera I want some zombie slaying!

C.Wied

I have to agree here. Really enjoyed the first season, but the second not so much. The mid-season break was kinda ridiculous... I mean WHO DOES THAT?! Especially when you've got a winning show that a lot of people hang onto and want more of.

wieduwilt is right, cut all the drama soap opera crap and lets see some zombie slaying. I know the 'fluff' of a show needs plot and not just a redo of Desperado; but the Days of Our Lives crap has got to go!:rockon:

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
I haven't watched any episodes this season. This was partly because I didn't want to be craving the next episode then be disappointed. I figured it would be better just to spend a day watch them all on demand rather than let it drag on for weeks. From what everyone has said so far, I think I made the right choice.

Raven519

Established Member
I have to agree here. Really enjoyed the first season, but the second not so much. The mid-season break was kinda ridiculous... I mean WHO DOES THAT?! Especially when you've got a winning show that a lot of people hang onto and want more of.

wieduwilt is right, cut all the drama soap opera crap and lets see some zombie slaying. I know the 'fluff' of a show needs plot and not just a redo of Desperado; but the Days of Our Lives crap has got to go!:rockon:

you do realize nearly every show on TV does a mid season break right?

As for the show, not everyone wants a dumbed down zombie shooting fest for every episode, as that would be very boring after a couple episodes. Second season has been damned good so far and I'm sure it will get even better.

96svtdriver

Established Member

As for the show, not everyone wants a dumbed down zombie shooting fest for every episode, as that would be very boring after a couple episodes. Second season has been damned good so far and I'm sure it will get even better.

I was implying that TV networks are retarded for doing mid-season breaks... that's all, not a dumbed down zombie shoot fest a' la Left4Dead. The fact that a lot of networks do indeed do that is exactly why I just Netflix'ed all of them in a weekend.

As for the show... again I say it needs plot, but lets be real, the drama and the soap opera-style acting and predictable character situations in the 2nd season completely turn some people off (and apparently some here at the very least).

Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, but personally; all that scripting that had them on that farm looking for Sophia as long as they were could have been better spent story developing in other ways. To me, the 2nd season, save for the final episode, slowed the series to a crawl.:nonono: By the time I got to the end of the mid-season finale I can honestly say I hardly care if they keep it going this season, let alone into a Season 3.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I do... but they don't usually stretch the break out over a full YEAR! :fm:

Episode 6 was broadcast on December 5, 2010 and episode 7 wasn't broadcast until October 16, 2011. That's 315 days... What other series takes a mid-season break of that duration?

U.M.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
it's a great show. a little too heavy on the drama, but yeah, I loved cherokee rose. daryl's speech at the end of that episode to the mother was damn good. I for one hope daryl is one of the long term survivors. still waiting for his brother to show back up for real. also glad the asian kid got some nookie, he needed it, so did shane. shane ****ed the big dude hard core that night they were running from them. shane did what needed to be done in the first place, although in a tantrum state instead of calm and cool like he should be.

as a side note, I think woody harrelson should make an appearance on one of the episodes for a comic relief. :D

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
hey AMC, im done with you...12 episodes and this b.s, mid season break...ive lost interest in the show. do it right or leave it alone

Most shows these days only run for 10 to 12 episodes per year. By the time their "season break" is over, I've forgotten what the hell was going on in the show. Not to mention that each 1 hour show contains even more commercials than before, so you're only really getting about 40 minutes or less of actual content. I also like how they will suddenly decide to cancel a show after one or two seasons and not give it a proper ending.

I miss the days when shows would run for 24 episodes a season, run for years, and have a good wrap-up at the end of its lifecycle.

TV is pretty much worthless these days.

mysterio

Established Member
Actually what AMC is doing is a cheap and low-rent move to take advantage of the fact that both Nov and Feb are Nielsen sweeps months. The first part of this second season aired throughout Nov, and the second part will air in Feb, after Superbowl Sunday.

They're positioning and marketing the show to get maximum effect/revenue from the sponsors and advertisers. Plus it ensures future episodes, more than likely. It's a PITA and frustrating for us viewers, but there is a logic to it, even if it's not a popular move.

edit: I also forgot to mention that when it was on throughout Nov, it was often the second highest rated show on basic cable, after MNF. They know they've got a winner, and are using that to their advantage.

Last edited:

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Most shows these days only run for 10 to 12 episodes per year. By the time their "season break" is over, I've forgotten what the hell was going on in the show. Not to mention that each 1 hour show contains even more commercials than before, so you're only really getting about 40 minutes or less of actual content. I also like how they will suddenly decide to cancel a show after one or two seasons and not give it a proper ending.

I miss the days when shows would run for 24 episodes a season, run for years, and have a good wrap-up at the end of its lifecycle.

TV is pretty much worthless these days.

Heroes

Raven519

Established Member
I do... but they don't usually stretch the break out over a full YEAR! :fm:

Episode 6 was broadcast on December 5, 2010 and episode 7 wasn't broadcast until October 16, 2011. That's 315 days... What other series takes a mid-season break of that duration?

U.M.

Thats because it wasn't a mid-season break. The first season was set to be only 6 episodes. They had to wait to see what kind of response there was to the show before a second season was given the go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread