Any members in Colorado Springs? Need a car on a used car lot eyeballed - will Paypall $25

Kornilov

Established Member
When you put it on your insurance, add comprehensive and collision coverage and the highest level of road side they offer.

That way if you get stuck in the middle of no where you aren't on the hook for a $300 tow bill on top of whatever else it.

Oh yeah, Im planning on it. Our insurance is USAA and the car has already been submitted online. It will officially be added to the policy before it rolls of the dealer's lot.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I live about an hour from DC. If you need a hand with anything let me know. Have fun on your drive over.

Kornilov

Established Member
I live about an hour from DC. If you need a hand with anything let me know. Have fun on your drive over.

Thanks for the offer Bro - you're way the heck to the east. I'll be staying in Arlington, picking the car up in Fairfax, and my buddy's house is in Springfield.

An extended drive or two will put my worries at ease. I think I will pick up the car on Tuesday and dont leave till Friday - so that gives me a couple days to feel it out.

Kornilov

Established Member
THelp! Went to see the car and the oil pressure gauge is fluctuating. Can't buy a car if I'm not sure if the oil pump is dead. oil pressure looks good one minute and then drops to zero, then up again. Any advice on how to tell a bad pump from a faulty gauge/switch?

Kornilov

Established Member
Alright, so the dealer will take the car to the Ford dealer down the road to check manual oil pressure. If pressure is good, the senor will be replaced.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Alright, so the dealer will take the car to the Ford dealer down the road to check manual oil pressure. If pressure is good, the senor will be replaced.
I've owned 2 different 4.0 Ranger based vehicles that both had that sensor go.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same supplier/same sensor.

Kornilov

Established Member
Ford tech says 18 psi at idle is below spec... low oil pressure. I know the fsm says 20-45 psi at 1500 rpm. But I'm going to defer to the tech and not chance it. The did replace the sender and repair the wiring harness.

sleek98

Established Member
I'm very likely passing. I think the fluctuating gauge was in fact a bad sender/wiring, but if the psi reading is accurate, it maybe why the car was traded in.

I was going to say, balls of steel driving that back with low oil pressure.

Kornilov

Established Member
Guys,

I passed. :( The dealership was great - didnt hassle me one bit. I almost wish I would have shipped it in the first place. At home I wouldve just tossed a oil sender unit on it and driven it till it spun a bearing.

I have a flight home at the end of the week that work paid for so Im not out anything, but very disappointed that this car didnt work out.

Kornilov

Established Member
I honestly think the Ford tech didn't check pressure at 1500 rpm and only checked it at idle. A warm engine with 18 psi at idle would be nothing to worry about. But I figure this was the universe's way of telling me that I shouldnt force the issue.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Guys,

I passed. :( The dealership was great - didnt hassle me one bit. I almost wish I would have shipped it in the first place. At home I wouldve just tossed a oil sender unit on it and driven it till it spun a bearing.

I have a flight home at the end of the week that work paid for so Im not out anything, but very disappointed that this car didnt work out.

https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mustang-gt-low-mileage/6303780831.html

Not that far from DC, private seller.

tistan

Established Member
$5-7k won't buy a mint new edge these days? My buddy just bought an 01 convertible cobra for $5k.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’d look into a 99-01 Cobra if your budget is 5-7K OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread