Any new info on when the 2014 Shelbys will start being built?

quick-nick

Established Member
I just ordered a 2014 GT500 and wanted to know if anyone has any idea when production will start for the 2014 Shelby. I also wanted to know if orders were taken in the order they are received like a first come first serve type of thing or how they decide which gets built when. I am actually hoping the earliest I can get mine will be April or so.....

My wife and I are crapping kittens.....can't wait!! :banana:

venom62

Established Member
I called SVT today with my order number and dealer code and they indicated scheduling will likely begin after Jan 1. My dealer said that it is not based on first come first serve, but rather determined by Ford.

SVTKen

Established Member

Are you saying they will start production in March or that they will be on dealer lots in March? I assume there will be about a one month delay between when production begins and when they actually arrive at dealers. Any idea how many months there will be for the '14 Shelby production? Since the '15 model will be all new, I assume '14 production will end earlier than '13 production, right?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Are you saying they will start production in March or that they will be on dealer lots in March? I assume there will be about a one month delay between when production begins and when they actually arrive at dealers. Any idea how many months there will be for the '14 Shelby production? Since the '15 model will be all new, I assume '14 production will end earlier than '13 production, right?

They should start building them in March. As for how many months, not sure on that- but I'd expect the run to be shorter than the 13

SVTKen

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if prices start to come down on the '14s. I've got a feeling they won't come down much.

jbs$

Established Member
Side note! My local dealer, Tindol Ford, Gastonia, NC, (Gordon Haygood) 704-884-2209, has two GT 500 coming in. One in a loaded black, the other a lightly optioned red. The black is due within the next 2-3 weeks, the red a little longer. It was late in the day when I was talking with Gordon and I don't know if any changes can be made to the red. Call direct if interested, as always, make your best deal. Good luck.

quick-nick

Established Member

So possibly mid April at the earliest? Do you know how Ford determines what cars get built when? Is it based on the dealer and region?

Also does anyone know if the new paint process is going to look noticeably better on a black car than before?

BOD89LX

Established Member
So possibly mid April at the earliest? Do you know how Ford determines what cars get built when? Is it based on the dealer and region?

Also does anyone know if the new paint process is going to look noticeably better on a black car than before?

There is to order in how dealers get there cars built to a point , the large dealers that sell tons of mustangs and that are in the right area of the country get pulled first.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

I would bet you'll see cars on lots in April at the earliest.

As for what dealers get cars 1st/ really no rhyme or reason. I got mine in may- one of the 1st to get theirs and it was from a small dealer that sells less than 10 mustangs a year. Yet the largest dealer in my area just got their 1st Shelby in October.

Not quite sure on the rhyme or reason of how orders get pulled at this point.

MNCobra

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if prices start to come down on the '14s. I've got a feeling they won't come down much.

i read a article that the 2014 GT500 will be about $400 more on MSRP...will look for that article and paste it when i find it...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm waiting for my 2014 Gt500 as well, im expecting sometime around march/April. When should we receive our Vin numbers?

Within about 3-5 weeks before its built a VIN will populate, and about 7 days before your blend date, you'll be able to see your window sticker.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
How much longer can you custom order one? I want glass roof and Recaros only and have yet to see one optioned this way.

Users who are viewing this thread