Any pics of dual mode muffler valve?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking of adapting a dual mode system to my '14 GT500 instead of cut outs. Does anyone have a good pic of the GT350 mufflers/dual mode valve?
Any help appreciated.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You'd want to use the Borla valve instead of the stock one. Borla found the stock diameter to be a major point of restriction.

I'm pretty sure you can guess which is which.:)

Borla%20Valve%20vs%20Stock%20Valve%20-%20GT350..jpg

Stock%20Valve%20-%20GT350..jpg

Borla%20Valve%20-%20GT350..jpg

0213171156_HDR2.jpg

0213171156a_HDR2.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great pics as usual Tob, thanks man.
Looks like the way the system works just closes one of the pipes exiting the muffler. Not exactly an easy adaptation to the GT500 style muffler, I may have to get creative.
I'll probably talk to Stainless Works as they're semi local and worked with me in developing their '13-14 kits (my car is in their H-pipe promo vid).
I'm assuming adding on the actuator motor should be straight forward from a wiring standpoint, just need find best place for the valve in existing pipes or different mufflers.
Any pics of OEM system?
Hopefully you can install that soon for your enjoyment and excellent pics!
-J

mathkk

Established Member
I'm wondering if these could be adapted to the factory gt350 exhaust or would it be worth while? Is the borla a bigger diameter all the way through and are you getting the full benefit of the borla without having a more freer flowing header? In other words is the headers we have now a bit restrictive?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread