Anybody disappointed with exhaust tips?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Call me anal, but my tips are not centered in the rear valence cut outs and it drives me nuts. I tried to modify the pipes, by cutting out that little metal piece and spreading the pipes and re-welding the spacer in. Didn't quite work.
So, my solution will be to order 2 - 4 inch outlet polished, rolled ended tips, and cut off the current ones, and weld on. I am hoping the 4 inch looks good, and by welding, I can place the sucker correctly where it should be perfectly symmetrical.
I could fix this with a cat-back, but I am not a fan of the 6 cylinder sound and I like the car as is.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I agree with you and it doesn't help that my MKS has larger openings with the same tip size. Here is what I ordered and had installed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Tip...ash=item25c40ac387:g:m5UAAOSwLF1X2ac~&vxp=mtr

Super freaking cheap and they are actually very nice. Pictures don't do it justice, but I also had them pulled in a little more because the stock ones I felt stuck out too much.
lincoln.JPG

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
That's a great price. I had to go with longer because I plan to weld directly to my muffler. I have a little less than 10 inches from the muffler to the valence. I ordered 12" and will trim for a perfect length. I agree with you, I don't like tips to stick out. Some people love that. I don't. Flush or even a little less looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread