Anybody else raced a Hellcat Charger?

Troponin

Established Member
The Hellcats have a lot of traction issues. On the highway though, they are potent. Even at 140mph, they just keep pulling hard like they don't want to stop.

I came out of a 570whp MT82 Supercharged Mustang GT and this HC Charger feels just as fast down low, but faster up top.

Only car I have raced so far was a full bolt on and tuned MT Camaro SS and I drug him pretty bad. My car is completely stock save for the upgraded 10.5 inch wheels and 305s on the rear

I am definitely going to drag radials on the next upgrade though. Even with these Michelin pilot sport, it still just rips through them in first, second, and some of third.

Last edited:

DRK HRS

Established Member
I raced a Challenger Hellcat from a 40 roll, I beat him and I'm making a little less than 500 whp. I don't know if he was running the black key or what, but I do know those things are HEAVY.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure he was running the black key, or he had big traction problems.

Last edited:

badmpg03

Established Member
I played with black Challenger Hellcat before I went e85. We were neck and neck 60-100mph.Couldn't get a clean run but I was about heatsoaked about 600rwhp. There are a ton of them running around Houston.
I seem them trapping 123mph-127ish stock. With a few bolt ons they are 130ish. I am impressed by these cars.

Islandcat

Established Member
Went to track again this weekend. Track was cold and we were having traction issues. Stock hellcat did a best of 11.49 at 128. I ran an 11:38 at 128, but I was spinning all of second, and then third started spinning at about 115 mph and I had to lift and get back on it. Scary feeling when that rear end starts wiggling at 115, so parked it after that run. Only other run I did that night I missed second bad and ran 12.02 at 128.

Another stock hellcat was there with some drag radials swapped on. He snapped one of his axles on his first launch.

Finally, a third hellcat was there that was turned up pretty good. Not sure his mods but he ran a 9.66 at 144. Unreal fast.

Mike Morris

Established Member
Out here in Florida they run 123-124 stock. However there are some modded stock looking ones that run low 10s high 9s. Neat car for sure. If they were not so heavy they would be crazy fast.

Users who are viewing this thread