Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

paluka21

Established Member
Not sure if you have seen the new ROUSH Jackhammer? If your a Ford guy... before you buy a Dodge, I would look at those...
710HP With the Phase 1. Available in the Automatic 10 Speed or Manual... (BEST CASE BASED ON DRIVER AND 10 SPEED) 0-60 in about 3 Seconds. 1/4 mile in about 10 seconds.... With an upcoming Phase 2 upgrade that should be hopefully close to 800HP (Fingers Crossed). It utilizes the new 2650 Supercharger Roush developed FOR the 2020 GT500 on the 5.0... and will EAT!!!! Any Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, BROWNEYE, Purple Eye, black eye, blue eye... and of course pink eye.. etc for breakfast... And they are not marked up over sticker...
You can watch the video below if you want more info... AWESOME car. Again, if you want to wait for the GT500... I get it. But before you buy a DODGE... at least check those out...

I have several in stock... If you want a list and pics, just let me know... I can send it out.

I know this is a subjective opinion, but I think the Roush Jackhammer looks cheap compared to a 2015-2018 Shelby GT350. While the performance is obviously there, I personally don't like what Roush did to the car aesthetically. For each their own I suppose.

reason4treason

Established Member
at this point i am more interested in how your dieting is going? **** this stupid car bullshit. i am completely over it and honestly could care less what happens with it at this point. we know what it will look like (an S550/gt350 with some aero things bolted on, maybe a wing on the trunk, maybe some cooling vents, maybe some nicer interior stuff, etc), it will have a ridiculous price tag, it will probably be faster than the last one, they will put shelby's name on it even tho he had nothing to do with it and will never even lay eyes on it (enter the people who want to argue he had nothing to do with the last one either), blahblahblahblahblah. what else is there to know? i don't blame ford for not wasting any money on marketing- there is nothing to market. so we have not seen one without a car cover or camo on it, big whoop. you think once it is revealed it is going to look much different from what we have already seen? you don't shave a dog and then it becomes a cat ya know! maybe a dumb analogy but the point is the point. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa **** IT!
would rather spend the $$$ on opiates

rwleonard

Established Member
I was looking at their Raptor performance packages earlier this morning. Seems much of the "performance" comes from buying a bunch of Roush badging, kinda like Shelby.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Unless something has changed, Roush modded cars don't do well @ resale / trade-in time..

What your getting is a GT with a Roush blower on top. If Ford could do that reliably with 710 hp on tap they would have done it years ago ......... 5 year 60,000 mile warrantee "dude there is daylight from one side to the other on my 1 year old 710 hp Coyote block" good luck with that! it ain't no Toyota Camry. At this point would you even want to buy a GT500? That's what Ford is contemplating. I could be wrong but I think all we are going to hear from Ford at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show are "crickets" :(

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree 710hp sounds disappointing but it is still more than the 707hp Hellcat and 650hp from the ZL1.
Give a total package and something special and they will all sell.
I've said it before, but that 5.2/2650 combo will not have a problem making power.
-J

SlowSVT

Established Member
What I wanna know is did Roush subject the engine to the same standard as Ford would with their grueling durability test pushing the 5 liter engine on boost between max rpm and max power on a continual basis on aluminum cylinders with precious little land between the bores? I think "not"! Roush is counting on a few rich guys "candy assing" their low serial numbered cars bragging to their rich friends while "running out the warrantee" they have #6 of 25 while it collects dust amongst the flock of Porsche's and Ferrari's scattered in their 10 car garage. I say hand one off to broke7 or Juice46 and see what the jury's verdict is.

Ford: "Prove me wrong!" ............ please

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Not sure if you have seen the new ROUSH Jackhammer? If your a Ford guy... before you buy a Dodge, I would look at those...
710HP With the Phase 1. Available in the Automatic 10 Speed or Manual... (BEST CASE BASED ON DRIVER AND 10 SPEED) 0-60 in about 3 Seconds. 1/4 mile in about 10 seconds.... With an upcoming Phase 2 upgrade that should be hopefully close to 800HP (Fingers Crossed). It utilizes the new 2650 Supercharger Roush developed FOR the 2020 GT500 on the 5.0... and will EAT!!!! Any Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, BROWNEYE, Purple Eye, black eye, blue eye... and of course pink eye.. etc for breakfast... And they are not marked up over sticker...
You can watch the video below if you want more info... AWESOME car. Again, if you want to wait for the GT500... I get it. But before you buy a DODGE... at least check those out...

I have several in stock... If you want a list and pics, just let me know... I can send it out.

They're having too much fun criticizing how much time it's taking for the GT500 to be released. Not that they were ever going to actually buy [a new] one, anyway...

ToddW702

Established Member
I see a post on 6G where the guy says he has two dealers lined up for an allocation with ADM and get this IF the car is under 4K pounds and if it is over that weight they will sell it to him at sticker. ??? I guess a dealer can do what they want but this just sounds weird to me. Maybe he has been a great customer for them. But I feel like if it is over weight it isn’t going to effect the price or more specifically the ADM’s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I see a post on 6G where the guy says he has two dealers lined up for an allocation with ADM and get this IF the car is under 4K pounds and if it is over that weight they will sell it to him at sticker. ??? I guess a dealer can do what they want but this just sounds weird to me. Maybe he has been a great customer for them. But I feel like if it is over weight it isn’t going to effect the price or more specifically the ADM’s.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The only thing I believe anymore is my kids love.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't think there is any question that Powertrain could assemble an engine producing huge numbers. Passing internal durability standards for the rest of the drivetrain along with CARB/EPA emissions requirements are likely where a ceiling is implemented. Furthermore, what good is silly high power when it gets bled off via traction strategies or shed due to coolers not being able to stay under a given threshold?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I am going to pull a random thought out of my behind... I have been out of the building scene since 2010, so if this is off, please let me know...

That number seems very unlikely. Especially since most manufacturers (at least historically) lower the CR on the boosted versions of their engines. Meaning, the boosted 5.2 is likely not at 10:1 to start, therefore likely not making the 580 NA to start.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I immediately stopped the video as soon as I heard him say "Shane O". That guy has been pulling pure shit straight out of his ass for the last two years concerning the GT500. If you can stomach it, go back and watch his other "predictions" about the engine. Try not to gag. He has had no less that 5 different engine predictions that he spoke of as though it was a done deal. All the way from a twin turbo Coyote to a naturally aspirated 7L+ V8. He's the Horsepower Kings of Youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread