Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
couldn't figure out quote for mobile site on iPhone :^/

image.png

Here's some pics, thanks for the props man.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My signature should show a discription, if not it's a built 5.3 with twin 62's, fr500c, fgt heads, mmr cams, full mm/ftbr suspension, IRS/built t56 setup with 3.73's and revs clean to 8000. Here's a dyno graph on 11.75psi and 91 octane revving to about 7100.
image.jpeg

Going e85 and standalone Holley efi this winter. More I look at it it's more like 10-11psi with some boost creep. Anyways pulls nice, hooks well because it's linear. Car is 3400lbs without driver, aluminum cammer block, etc.

Link to some YouTube vids someone put up with some fun runs.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJP2U3yWITSDiKdmGgwB5Nw

Kinda crap vids. Rs5 has resonator delete and minor stuff like air filter, I was on ~10psi. There's a vid that says 800whp 12psi but I was on 10psi with a heavy passenger. A buddy loaded these up.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Crappy interior in a viper? At least you guys get something that is a bit unique. Us 03 cobra guys get a slight tweak on a v6 mustang interior...I just put gauges and an indash, some LED lights. Not even worth sharing a pic because we've all seen what that looks like.

I really want to do a custom interior swap to an s550 floor plan and cut/chop it to fit right. I think BiminiLX did the fox gt500 fabrication art piece. That car is so ****ing sick.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks man! Haha I'll take ttpill, has a nice ring to it

Pill.oh? (Think Tosh.oh?)

I have 10psi wastegate springs but want to get some 3psi springs for the street. I really like to rev out and feel a good pull but I'm doing way too much speed any time I do with the 10lbs springs. I think I'd have around 500whp on 3psi which is plenty to have fun on the street with 3.73's in a 3400lbs car. Would be great for circuit duty as well. I don't want to get very aggressive with track days until it's on e85 with a standalone and a full loop tune. Safety always.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautifully done car man, I love the intake, turbo kit and hood, very well-thought out project.
I really want to do a custom interior swap to an s550 floor plan and cut/chop it to fit right. I think BiminiLX did the fox gt500 fabrication art piece. That car is so ****ing sick.
What is "fox gt500 fabrication art piece"?
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks man, I thought you were the dude that built the notchback gt500 swapped? With the 5.4 and the gt500 interior
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh wow now that I look at it yours is Bimini blue and his is like a true blue, my bad. I use this site with my iPhone 5 (I'm cheap) and never noticed the blue on the car in your sig was more teal almost. I just opened your profile and can see you have a very clean hatch back lx, I never looked closely enough and had you mistaken as the owner of this fox500 build.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man! Haha I'll take ttpill, has a nice ring to it

Pill.oh? (Think Tosh.oh?)

I have 10psi wastegate springs but want to get some 3psi springs for the street. I really like to rev out and feel a good pull but I'm doing way too much speed any time I do with the 10lbs springs. I think I'd have around 500whp on 3psi which is plenty to have fun on the street with 3.73's in a 3400lbs car. Would be great for circuit duty as well. I don't want to get very aggressive with track days until it's on e85 with a standalone and a full loop tune. Safety always.

Had no idea you had such a seriously nice machine. I am a HUGE 03/04 cobra head. One of my all time favorite cars. Still dont know how I havent owned one.

Definitely share some more pics/vids of that thing when you get a chance!

Btw, just poking a lil' fun with the "pill" surname ... :D

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha thanks man, it boogies nicely. I'll throw some up here in a sec.

image.jpeg
No tank, it has individual velocity ports to each cylinder at differing sizes so each one has a 9.2" runner. There's a gentlemen that makes 8.5" ones to fit it for much higher rpm power potential.
image.jpeg
I got some light weight stock/saleen looking wheels but need to quit being a cheap ass and get some black svt center caps... These are 22lbs front 18x9 and 24lbs rear 18x10.5, but the best part is they're only $250 a wheel and lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Love it man. Made me a fan of your car. Bad ****ing ass. One of the coolest 03/04s in the site.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks guys, it's been a fun build.

I'd like to tackle the interior. I would love to retrofit at least the dash and parts of the doors from a 2015 mustang.
image.jpeg
We did oil/diff coolers and a custom radiator/intercooler as well. Iat's sit a hair above 60° with back to back pulls, and water stays 195-205° pull after pull on 91 octane but we'll go flex this winter so I could run e85. The big trick for cooling was switching to a Lincoln Mk8 fan to supply airflow because the intercooler was blocking to much airflow. Once we did everything worked perfect. We also fully jet hot coated the down pipes and full exhaust to keep engine bay temps low. We can grab the down pipes and exhaust after dyno pulls. I think engine temps are under 125° but have never measured it. I hate heat. I lost 2 previous modulars to heat related issues at number 8.

Thanks for the lime light guys, nice to find people that appreciate the thought out stuff. I get people saying why didn't you go 76's and an auto like the street outlaw guys do and I have no answers for them haha. I can tell them why I didn't, but to them it's not an answer, it's a caup out haha

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks guys, the fr500c is an excellent unit. It's very effective from 2000rpm to 7000rpm, and when boosted it doesn't really fall victim to drop off at high rpm, it just levels off based on the air flow

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
@tt335ci03cobra How hard is it to install a Mark VIII Fan? Car looks great. Wouldn't mind having one in my garage in case my sticker fan ever goes. Did you buy from a junkyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread