Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
In the timeline of how long people have been talking about this car, and how long until you actually see Ford admit evidence of it, saying you're sick of waiting as of today and will buy something else will look silly. Very shortly.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yea, it was a great car. Ran mid-11's and was rock solid. Turned it into a GT Performance Pack for my wife and a California Special for my son. Still think we should have kept it though.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
What I find funny is everyone bitchin about the wait when 99% of the people that want to buy one will never take it to the track as it’s meant for.

I like the Bullitt just unveiled, my deal last year for a 2017 GT350 fell thru, this has its suspension, exhaust, intake and throttle body, etc in a cool retro package.

I could easily see myself in this going down the front stretch at watkins glen and braking into turn one as I then rock up thru the esses.

I think I’ll have to take a ride down to my dealer tomorrow and see if they have any pricing info.

Voltwings

Established Member
Oh, yea... 2020 Mach 1 is gonna be electric. I'm starting to really dislike the direction Ford is taking the Mustang.

Was there actually detail on this? I seem to have missed it. You give me an electric motor on the crankshaft that gives a little 5.0 the same torque as an Ls (or now, LT) and can still rev to the moon i'd be all about it. Well, the enthusiast in me would be all about it, the gear head and part of me that actually turns wrenches probably wouldnt.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
What I find funny is everyone bitchin about the wait when 99% of the people that want to buy one will never take it to the track as it’s meant for.

Not sure why that's relevant. I have a rifle that is good for a mile, but never shoot past 300 yards. Should I not be allowed to own or be excited in anticipation for acquiring the rifle?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Was there actually detail on this? I seem to have missed it. You give me an electric motor on the crankshaft that gives a little 5.0 the same torque as an Ls (or now, LT) and can still rev to the moon i'd be all about it. Well, the enthusiast in me would be all about it, the gear head and part of me that actually turns wrenches probably wouldnt.

They mentioned it toward the end of the reveal.

I would be completely cool with Ford releasing a hybrid with any name other than Mustang. I might even consider buying one if its fast enough. But the day an electric motor propels a Mustang is the day the Mustang is no longer a Mustang.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Come to the Dark Side....we have cookies (and no dealer ADM).

DSC02610 (800x450).jpg

Reveal is over. No GT500. Just a bullet.

Guess I am going to look for a 2013/14 GT 500 or GT350R. Got to make up my mind. Tired of waiting.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think you’re going to proven spot on correct, Nick. The price might not garner smiles, but the specs will IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So for anyone watching the Ford on stage presentation, the show ended with an announcement of what appears to be a 2020 Mach 1 hybrid.
I googled '2020 mustang Mach 1 hybrid' and now it says Ford execs are looking at the Mach 1 as a PERFORMANCE SUV!
WTF, isn't there brand identity with Mach 1/Mustang and say, Lightning/F150?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread