Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Snoopy49

Established Member
All cars must have one by Federal law this year I believe
-J

I think you may be right. I was checking out a 2018 Demon today and it had a
ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera as standard equipment.

Attachments

• getWindowStickerPdf.pdf
    92.3 KB · Views: 125

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you may be right. I was checking out a 2018 Demon today and it had a
ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera as standard equipment.
I was looking at 350Rs and they said after April I believe you can't order a Base 350R as they must have backup cam and that means electronic pack.
-J

Voltwings

Established Member
someone backed out of a parking space and hit my wife (my wife's car) who was stationary behind her. She said she didnt see my wife ... who was directly behind her ... where the **** was she looking then lol? People are dumb

conceptmachine

Established Member
Ford didn’t make very many base R models. Somewhere around 125 total so far and may end up with 13x.
I’m sure they will be happy to get rid of that option.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford didn’t make very many base R models. Somewhere around 125 total so far and may end up with 13x.
I’m sure they will be happy to get rid of that option.
Yes I would assume, I still think a loaded Lightning Blue R with twins could keep me happy until next GT500 ADM dies down.
Or I'll just mod the Charger HC and chill until GT500, I just miss daily shifting and that GT350 was a sweet shifter.
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I have little kids and run dark tint, so I'd prefer a back up cam, especially when hard parking my GT500 :)
-J

I absolutely agree with and support your opinion of owning and using a reverse camera or a vehicle with one in it. I don't agree with the federal government making me a criminal for not having one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I absolutely agree with and support your opinion of owning and using a reverse camera or a vehicle with one in it. I don't agree with the federal government making me a criminal for not having one.
Not a criminal, you just won't be able to buy a new one without it. All previous models won't be outlawed.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Not a criminal, you just won't be able to buy a new one without it. All previous models won't be outlawed.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

I know... I was being a little facetious to stress the typical action of the government. Kind of like the Almond farmer the EPA put out of business because the ruts from his tractor filled with rain water. The EPA said that the muddy tire tracks were protected waterways and he was no longer allowed to farm his own land.

The truth is... in this exact case, it makes it illegal for the manufactures to produce and sell them in the US. But... the car companies don't care, they just raise the price of the car $2,000 to make up for the R&D and implementation. Which still sucks.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If it weren't for the government requiring them, headlights, side mirrors, rear view mirrors, tail lights, stop lights, side marker lights, horns, turn signals, safety belts, air bags, roll over protection and a lot more safety items probably wouldn't be standard equipment or even an option.

I am not for big government getting in my business, don't get me started on the 55 MPH national speed limit, but not everything they do is bad, just a lot of it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
BTW, I also want a periscope or better yet an armed drone, trunk launched. So I can see over the 4 wheel drive jacked up pickup that always seems to park next to me in parking lot. The armed part is just icing on the cake.:D

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Actually, most of the stuff you listed is not required by law. In most states head lights and tail light are only required for night time driving. During the day, they are not required. Also, in most states, electronic turn signals and brake signal are not required. However, most states require that if they are present, they are functional.

All the rest of the stuff was invented and installed as part of a capitalist economy. If they weren't, how who the government know that it's possible and mandate it?

Users who are viewing this thread