Anyone have unleashed tune for their 5.0?

thstang

Greetings everyone,

I'm curious if anyone on here have a tune from unleashed tuning on their 5.0? I currently have a Bama tune on my car and while I believe the car runs decent and has good daily driveability, I'm looking to try out something different. The reason I'm so interested in unleashed is because I have seen firsthand through a friend what he has done for an ecoboost application. My buddys' car ran spot on and he seemed to be very quick in terms on turnaround on revisions.

The downside is after I did some research on him, everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about him but its ALL on ecoboost engines. I cant find ANY reviews of him tuning a 5.0. The only mods my car has is roush axleback, resonator delete, JLT cold air intake, and 3:55 gears (its an A6.) I know that there are others out there that apparently are leaps and bounds better than Bama (AED, Lund, etc.) but Im really curious about unleashed for the time being. I already have a SCT 3 and the tune itself looks to only cost $150 on the unleashed website but Im just wondering if any 5.0 owners have tried it out and if so what are your thoughts on it?

nate714

Established Member
ecoboost and 5.0 tune pretty differently. I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel, but if you want to try it I'd be interested in hearing about the results.

_Snake_

Established Member
Torrie knows his stuff and I wouldn’t hesitate to let him tune my car. Give him a call and see what he says.

Chris4207

Established Member
Im no expert & may be wrong, but I thought the "Unleashed" tuner was for the Ecoboost.
The primary 5.0 tuners are HP Tuners, Lund, Bama, & VMP.
I bought SCT X4 w/out a 3rd party tuner because, for example, if you buy the SCT w/ Bama logo then only Bama can tune ur vehicle unless you pay to get it unlocked.
I wanted the ability to get a custom tune from anyone I wanted so I bought only the device w/ out a 3rd party logo.

Chris4207

Established Member
On a side note, Bama's "free tunes for life" come w/ caveats.
Example if you buy the Bama device for a CAI tune, they'll give you a hard time about tuning ur vehicle the more you modify it. Such as if you supercharged your vehicle and want a tune, they'll say they'll only do custom tunes on the mods at time of purchase. Otherwise they'd lose a ton of profit giving out free tunes for every mod.
It's a lot like a warranty on a car. They'll do whatever they can not to honor the warranty because they don't want to lose money from paying to get ur vehicle fixed

LeKiD

Established Member
Im no expert & may be wrong, but I thought the "Unleashed" tuner was for the Ecoboost.
The primary 5.0 tuners are HP Tuners, Lund, Bama, & VMP.
I bought SCT X4 w/out a 3rd party tuner because, for example, if you buy the SCT w/ Bama logo then only Bama can tune ur vehicle unless you pay to get it unlocked.
I wanted the ability to get a custom tune from anyone I wanted so I bought only the device w/ out a 3rd party logo.

No you can write/erase custom tune on a Bama device . I did and it works .

Users who are viewing this thread