Anyone making $50k+/year without a college degree?

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
Spartan said:
you missing the point... look threw the lines we dont need evey little thing detailed, do i need to caclulus to run a business? NO!

Sorta depends on what kind of business you're running doesn't it? And I assume grammer wasn't your forte in high school.

ViciousJay

Established Member
wals9331 said:
If i made a claim to my customers and used, "Theres proof go read it seriously"....they'd beat me with a faucking shovel.

hmmmm funny part is that when ive sat in meeting and said right above what i wrote... people for some reason listen more.... or if i was at a job interview 8/10 ill bet ill get the job... its all bout people skills and like bove posted a little elbow grease thats what get you around in this world... also a little quote ive heard thats suck with me ""the sqeaky wheel get greased the most" meaning you prounce your their and what you can do and youll contiune getting better things

50 Proof

Established Member
Spartan said:
are you kidding me, try reading the wall street journal and forbes my friend.... some of rishest people in the world dont have a college education

It's richest not rishest. LOL

You don't know the history behind all of these rich men. Donald Trump for example had a lot of his fortune and wealth hand fed to him. He did not get to where he is now, all by himself. I agree, some of the richest people in the world do not have college degrees, but some of them had wealth handed to them on a silver platter, that's not the same as being a self made millionaire or billionaire.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Here's an idea..............how about all of us with our GREAT jobs, college educated or not, get off the computer and DO our jobs. lol It's almost 11 pm central time, i'm sure most of us are at work. I know I am.

ViciousJay

Established Member
svtVillain said:
Sorta depends on what kind of business you're running doesn't it? And I assume grammer wasn't your forte in high school.

you try keeping up with 10 people at once smartass... if thats your best excuse cuz you feel like an ass now well i dont know what to tell you :shrug: its the internet, its like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him for double dribble, you just have to let some shit slide....

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Spartan said:
hmmmm funny part is that when ive sat in meeting and said right above what i wrote... people for some reason listen more.... or if i was at a job interview 8/10 ill bet ill get the job... its all bout people skills and like bove posted a little elbow grease thats what get you around in this world... also a little quote ive heard thats suck with me ""the sqeaky wheel get greased the most" meaning you prounce your their and what you can do and youll contiune getting better things

They listen more? Maybe they are just thinking to themselves, "this guy doesnt know what the fauck he is talking about". You're lucky i am not in those meetings, i'd call your punk ass out :-D

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
JD_2001_svt said:
Here's an idea..............how about all of us with our GREAT jobs, college educated or not, get off the computer and DO our jobs. lol It's almost 11 pm central time, i'm sure most of us are at work. I know I am.

i multi task pretty well over here ;-)

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
svtVillain said:

I counted four mistakes in your post. Perhaps grammar wasn't your's either.

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
Spartan said:
you try keeping up with 10 people at once smartass... if thats your best excuse cuz you feel like an ass now well i dont know what to tell you :shrug: its the internet, its like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him for double dribble, you just have to let some shit slide....

The odd part about that statement is calling yourself a retard...

No, I don't feel like an ass, sorry. The 'ten people' you're trying to keep up with all made valid points and your 'evidence' and explanations to the contrary is pathetic. If you're going to argue about a topic, at least have some knowledge and a firm understanding of the topic before you go rambling about forbes and the handful of wealthy people you know.

This isn't rocket science, there's a good reason why people go to college. If you had even read my previous post, or others, you'd realize that we understand there are exceptions to college grads making more money. On average, college grads will earn more.

Its a fact.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Hmmmmm...

Let's see... I have a college degree and I'm a Capt in the AF about to pin on Maj.

Next year I'll gross a little over $90K, not including my extra stuff I get for deploying.

You can get a good paying job with ut a degree, but for every Bill Gates there's probably 10000 people who barely make over minimum wage

50 Proof

Established Member
Spartan said:
you missing the point... look threw the lines we dont need evey little thing detailed, do i need to caclulus to run a business? NO!

i dont know where you live but i live in a BIG METRO area where you need 4 years to be a cop... maybe in FBE they dont but here you do

YOU totally missed the point. While calculus may not be necessary to run a business, taking the class helps develop your thought process and analytical skills. You can't run a business successfully if you're a dumbshit.

People skills and who you know will you get you in the door, but if you don't have the skills to do what you say you can, you wont get very far. If you don't have the basic skills to do the job, trust me, your supervisor will know. People skills + job skills = success and money, regardless of how you obtain the job skills.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Spartan said:
cent if i were you id do the EMT/Fire, then while you do that job you could do a side job with time off and make double income :D

Only problem with that is that I couldn't be running a company as a side job. My dad is in insurance restoration (fire, water, storm damage), and you're pretty much at the disposal of the insurance agent. If I was on call then I'd lose too much business.

50 Proof

Established Member
NFCstang said:
You can get a good paying job with ut a degree, but for every Bill Gates there's probably 10000 people who barely make over minimum wage

Exactly! And Bill Gates only got to where he is by ripping off other peoples ideas. It's not like he did anything innovative that required an education. Maybe if he had an education he wouldn't have to steal everyone else's ideas and put out shitty products.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
i think, and im totally saying this as my opinion but most people who go to college (are the im going just to go kind) will end up making the same as people who didnt go. I personally aitn going, but im making more than most people who have a degree and have been out of school for awhile. Its all about how hard you work and your drive/motivation. The people who dont go to school and are thrown into the work field at a young age learn how to be good workers (most of them anyways) because they know they need to, in order to survive.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
My cousin was never one for school. He's about as bright as a 20 watt bulb in a big ass room. But, he learned early on how to be a hard worker. He's 27 now, and is on track to make about 90 grand this year. He got a Class B license, hazmat certified, and now he drains and cleans the big oil containers in big auto shops. Low salary, but he's on commission for selling placements and products...the job is right up his ally, and he's making money.

RobRage

Established Member
It's not hard to get a decent paying job without a college degree. However, many places will give a position with more responsibility to a better educated candidate. Big money jobs often require extensive education. Sure, warehouse managers and lumberjacks make decent, and in some cases, comfortable incomes, but considering the working conditions and the tasks at hand, how worth it is it? The big-time corporate office bugs who sit on six and seven figure incomes all have Master's degrees and Doctorates. Sure, there are a few rarities like Chris Gardner who had no education and founded big companies, but people like that are few and far between. To sum up, decent paying jobs are accessible to people without college degrees, but big money jobs and wealthy successful careers require education.

red9450

Established Member
selling cars for a ford dealer in exton. 50-60k the way things are going right now. went to college for 2 years, didn't care for it. went to UTI, and decided that i only want to work on my own cars, and my friend's cars in my leisure time. so i started selling cars. like the job a lot. and get to drive all the gts, and shelbys. just don't tell the boss about the shelbys. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread