Anyone ran the Firehawk Indy 500s?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am getting some new tires and was going to put some 555rs or something like that out back since I DD the car and it will eventually see rain, so have been trying to get something that will not kill me if in rain.

I see multiple reviews on the interwebs which I try to not always believe but some have videos of them getting on it to and they swear by these cheap A$$ Firehawks that they hook and some say they are making 700 rwhp even if it was a stock GT500 these guys seems to grip a lot of first and stick 2nd then through second which is surprising.

Anyone ran these? There so cheap why not just try them if anyone has actually had good experience with them. Will need to make a decision soon and get some tires as soon as my car is back Ill be at 700 to the wheels myself

jk57

Established Member
Check out the bf Goodrich g force comp -2 a/s

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

fullboogie

Established Member
Check out the bf Goodrich g force comp -2 a/s

I hope you're kidding. Those are no better than the F1's that came on the car. And yes, I have had those exact tires.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am not concerned about running hard in the rain just being able to survive in the rain normal driving

I saw another post where a hellcat hooks on the Indy’s horrible reference because F a hell kitty but still

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am not concerned about running hard in the rain just being able to survive in the rain normal driving

I saw another post where a hellcat hooks on the Indy’s horrible reference because F a hell kitty but still

I am currently running the Firestone Indy 500's but cannot comment on them because it would be a horrible reference since I am running them on my hell kitty.

Dinosgt

Established Member
So do they hook or no?

I just did a Track event with my car. One of the fastest guys there was a Z06 with those same tires. He was commenting that he bought them really cheap but clearly they work. He was flying. I had to let him by twice....

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn thanks for the info wonder how they do banging through gears in a straight line

MastaAce03

Established Member
I hope you're kidding. Those are no better than the F1's that came on the car. And yes, I have had those exact tires.

I also have the Bf Goodrich tires on at the moment and really like them actually. Very impressed with their straight line traction for an all season. Having said that, I wouldn’t want to use them for street/track tires. Swapping them out tomorrow for a Toyo R888 and Michelin PS4 combo for the welcomed warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Monster

Established Member
I have been running them for over a year now. I will gladly buy another set once these need replaced. I've run MPSS and Continental Extremes before the Firestones and I'd still pick the Firestones over those.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Do these tires run narrow? Was thinking of bumping the fronts up to a 275 and the rear doing the 305 35s I’m running stock 2011 PP wheels so not sure if that’s a good idea or not

Thanks for the input everyone I still can’t believe these things are only 700 for a set of 4!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Do these tires run narrow? Was thinking of bumping the fronts up to a 275 and the rear doing the 305 35s I’m running stock 2011 PP wheels so not sure if that’s a good idea or not

Thanks for the input everyone I still can’t believe these things are only 700 for a set of 4!

For size comparison, the top two tires are my 275/40/20 Firestone Indy 500's compared to the bottom two 305/35/20 555R drag radials.

bdKc.jpg

I am currently running this set up and it works great. I have run the 305 555R's in rain with no problems at all as long as you drive for the conditions. I got caught in a real good downpour last year on the highway running the 555R's and never lost traction.

Last edited:

Dinosgt

Established Member
Damn thanks for the info wonder how they do banging through gears in a straight line

The guys car was a 6 speed. He wasn’t having any trouble, but honestly his car is 600 lbs lighter and makes about 550 hp or so, so I can’t tell you how they might fare on our fat girls.

For comparison - my CUP2s were excellent - and on a flat concrete surface at about 90 degrees will actually hook half the time in first. Huge change from Goodyear’s.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tktlwyr

Established Member
I run these tires with 275/35-20 fronts on a 9" wheel and 305/35-20 rears on a 10.5" wheel. They drive nice. The 305s are taller and that kills some gear making them hook better, however, they won't hook like a drag radial or slick. I'm north of 700 to the wheels and have a BMR suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread