Are auto drivers still running the bama 93 race tune daily?

Keith74

After doing some research on this forum as well as others, it seemed like basically everyone with bama opted to run the 93 race tune back in 2013-2014 threads. Im wondering if people are still running the race tune daily with no issues and if so, how many miles have you put on it?

The reason I ask is I got the bug to try the race tune (always been on performance) and fell in love with it. I guess each car is different but mine seems to respond very well making more power throughout the entire powerband (especially up top.) I love how the shift points are firmer as well as pushed further back and the car just seems to stay "ready to race" for lack of words. In traffic, I have felt like it wasnt sure if it wanted to shift or not but easy remedy is just to give the car a little more gas and it shifts just fine. Im just wondering if I'll do any long term damage to the car by leaving it on the race tune because I plan on keeping this car for a while. (Car currently has 84k miles, has been Bama tuned and trouble free since about 10k miles.)

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been running the BAMA V2 93 Octane tune for several years with no problems. Started using it at 15K miles, now 31K.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I ran their race tune when my 11 was an auto for a long time. Of note though, you may want to ask them to lighten up on the shift points if you're daily driving on the race tune. It can be sorta jarring in stop and go traffic.

noldevin

Established Member
The race tune isn't really any faster, it's just meant to feel faster and more "racy"
Throttle map is more aggressive, shifting is harder, etc. Power is going to be the same.
That being said it's fine to run it daily if you can deal with the decrease in drivability.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Never found the Race Tune too aggressive with respect to shifting. In fact, in the SCT options I increased shift firmness by 10% for each gear.

Users who are viewing this thread