Automatics and Power-Adder? New to Coyotes

Jake0521

Established Member
After getting rid of all my Mustangs(07 Gt500-intake and exhaust, 03 Mach1-with a vortech SC, 97 Saleen-turboed) a few years ago to adopt a kid, I bought a 2013 GT yesterday. Unfortunately it is in another state and I don't have the time to do a road trip, so I have to wait the couple weeks it's going to take to get here. I'm more into drag racing than track racing and have read a lot of good things about the A6, so I went with the auto. So While I'm waiting for it to get here I'm getting all my mods ready and I'm trying to decide what power-adder to go with. It seems like a twin screw would be best with the A6, but does anyone have any experience with a centrifugal blower, or turbo on the auto, that can give me an argument for those? This is my first auto Mustang so I'm interested to see what will run the best. I'm looking for HP in the mid 600's. I'm planning on new header's haven't decided to go long tubes or shorty's yet(mainly waiting to see if I decide to go turboed) and full exhaust. Thanks for the pointer's I've been looking forward to being a part of the mustang community again!!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I have a procharger with an auto and its definitely no slouch. With these cars any kind of FI you will be satisfied with. The only downside i see with twin screw or PD blowers in general is that they put more stress on the engine due to them making boost sooner than a centri or turbo and they tend to heatsoak. The 6R80 is a sout trans and will hold 600 rwhp no problem. If you do go with twin screw make sure you have your traction mods covered as first gear in the auto is really steep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cjd223

Established Member
There is a big difference in a twin screw and a TVS. Twin screw, Whipple, requires a higher stall converter. A TVS, Roush or VMP, does not.

stangn

Established Member
I agree my 2.9 Whipple doesn't hit as hard down low as my buddys TVS does. However heat soak isn't a problem either at the 14 lbs I'm running. My car makes 682 and 550'lbs and has out run a couple 700 rwhp centrifugal cars. Neither are waste gated but still.
The positive displacement blowers make more average hp then a centrif unless you waste gate it. Turbos are beast mode but generally need rebuilt or replaced a lot sooner than the others.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Centri cars will drive like stock and back half hard. PD cars will be more fun as a daily considering the powerband and torque they make.

Its all preference..

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Most ppl have blowers so ur likely gonna get mostly blower opinions. Their great, they make tons of power especially the VMP stuff.

Get a Turbo kit! There is very little debate which will make more power and Torque easier.

Yes u can maybe get away with ur stock converter with some blower kits which is great and saves money but all the fastest cars have a Circle D's and with a Turbo Kit u will definitely need and want a Circle D.

No one jus wants to make mid 6's..... jus like 10 years ago no one wanted to jus make mid 5's.... The Turbo gives u the option to make as little or as much as u want as long as u hav a good bottom end.

My suggestion wud be to contact CPR and get in line for one of their Turbo kits. Yea, ull wait a while but so what? Ive never seen a CPR kit on any Turbo Mustang anywhere near where I live and it is the baddest F-en kit on the planet period!

Trust me that kit will be the best thing u ever did to ur car.

It will trump any blower kit you buy. Ive had both and speak from experience and there simply is no comparison. Heat sink? Try never getting hotter then 15 degrees above ambient! Turbo lag? That jus makes me LOL literally every time I hear that.....

Users who are viewing this thread