Back in a Mustang...

Kiohtee

Established Member
Well that lasted all of four months. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the local Ford dealership actually had, in stock, the car that I kept building and kept building on the website. My first color choice was Magnetic Metallic, but because it's a daily and will encounter a long, sometimes muddy, gravel driveway, Oxford White was the only real choice. Anyway, here's what I got:

2017 GT Fastback; 300A, 6R80 and the Black Accent Package

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Uf8fcD]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/SXKEMY]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Uf8eF8]
[/url][/url][/url]

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Boy that did not take long. lol.

Nice car! I take it the 2018 wasn't a big enough update to hold off a little longer?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Boy that did not take long. lol.

Nice car! I take it the 2018 wasn't a big enough update to hold off a little longer?

You won't catch me even looking at that disastrophe. Heck, I still prefer an S197 Coyote over these new S550s, but with pricing, warranty, etc., I couldn't bring myself to get back into an S197.

This is obviously a much better car overall though.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You won't catch me even looking at that disastrophe. Heck, I still prefer an S197 Coyote over these new S550s, but with pricing, warranty, etc., I couldn't bring myself to get back into an S197.

This is obviously a much better car overall though.

Not my favorite face lift, but i'm reserving my final thoughts until I see one in person. The DI is appealing though.

Nothing wrong with a 2017 though. I'd buy one today if I had the cash.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not my favorite face lift, but i'm reserving my final thoughts until I see one in person. The DI is appealing though.

Nothing wrong with a 2017 though. I'd buy one today if I had the cash.

I'm also a bit weird (no kidding, right?) in that I like having the last year model of a body style. So now with the '17 Accord and Mustang I've achieved that.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm also a bit weird (no kidding, right?) in that I like having the last year model of a body style. So now with the '17 Accord and Mustang I've achieved that.

Actually its kind of smart, as it should in theory have the best panel alignment, and the fewest problems.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You will benefit from having most bugs worked out of the S550 prior to the platform update/refresh. Great looking car, it looks great in white with the black accents, trim, wheels etc.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Actually its kind of smart, as it should in theory have the best panel alignment, and the fewest problems.

I honestly never thought about it that way. Huh.

You will benefit from having most bugs worked out of the S550 prior to the platform update/refresh. Great looking car, it looks great in white with the black accents, trim, wheels etc.

Thanks man. Like I said above, I never thought about the bugs and little stuff situation before. Good food for thought.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I honestly never thought about it that way. Huh.

Don't let anyone tell you different. Everyone wants the shiny new model, but they are the most prone to problems. All manufacturers, regardless of industry, make manufacturing tweaks along the way.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No offense, but I hate black wheels. It seems all the manufacturers are going to them. Brake dust maybe?
Good looking car regardless, and congrats.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the new Mustang!
I like the white. Looks good. The Magnetic looks good as well.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
My first color choice was Magnetic Metallic, but because it's a daily and will encounter a long, sometimes muddy, gravel driveway, Oxford White was the only real choice.

That was my logic as well. If I was going to go for a color, I probably would have gone for Ruby Red. But OW hides any scratches and swirls.

You will benefit from having most bugs worked out of the S550 prior to the platform update/refresh.

See, you'd think that, but with how slipshod Ford's QC is in the past few years I don't believe it. I checked out a 2017 twin of my car (and I mean exact twin, down to the same MSRP) at my dealer and it still had panel alignment issues.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That was my logic as well. If I was going to go for a color, I probably would have gone for Ruby Red. But OW hides any scratches and swirls.

See, you'd think that, but with how slipshod Ford's QC is in the past few years I don't believe it. I checked out a 2017 twin of my car (and I mean exact twin, down to the same MSRP) at my dealer and it still had panel alignment issues.

Ok so two cars out of 300k s550 built has you convinced fords QC is crap? It's no worse than any other car whose base price starts in the 20's.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Ok so two cars out of 300k s550 built has you convinced fords QC is crap? It's no worse than any other car whose base price starts in the 20's.

Go read the "issues" section of M6G if you believe Ford got it all worked out for 2017. People with new cars are still having A/C evap and compressor failures, and driveline vibration issues, and panel gap issues.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Go read the "issues" section of M6G if you believe Ford got it all worked out for 2017. People with new cars are still having A/C evap and compressor failures, and driveline vibration issues, and panel gap issues.

2e699u9.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Ok so again. How many people are having each issue, out of 300k built?

Not every car is perfect. It's part of mass manufacturing. Every now and then a bad one comes up, but the vast majority have no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread