Bent OEM Chrome wheel

bullitt2735

Established Member
Found out I bent one of my rims today when I went to get new tires mounted. :-( They are the oem 17x9 in chrome. Anyone know of replacements that are a match to the factory chrome in 17x9? All I see is the OEM style in 18's when searching online.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Found out I bent one of my rims today when I went to get new tires mounted. :-( They are the oem 17x9 in chrome. Anyone know of replacements that are a match to the factory chrome in 17x9? All I see is the OEM style in 18's when searching online.
very odd in my book to just bend a wheel..unless you know you really banged a curb..

i was told the same thing at discount 14yrs ago..still have wheel on car..

a second opinon..or check yourself..

with wheel mounted..put something along side of wheel and spin wheel..

if bent you will see it..

if you need new wheel..

site vendors..may still be available.

used on internet..

lmr..i had got oem reps in 10.5..very close to oem and center caps fit..

i had to get a new wheel from hitting debis in road..

at dealer new than it was 175 machined..came with center cap..

barstowpo

Established Member
Do a search for wheel repair. You may have one locally. If not, there are several reputable companies you can send the wheel to for straightening. It is amazing what can be repaired.

bullitt2735

Established Member
very odd in my book to just bend a wheel..unless you know you really banged a curb..

i was told the same thing at discount 14yrs ago..still have wheel on car..

a second opinon..or check yourself..

with wheel mounted..put something along side of wheel and spin wheel..

Discount showed me, you could see it visually when spinning
Do a search for wheel repair. You may have one locally. If not, there are several reputable companies you can send the wheel to for straightening. It is amazing what can be repaired.

DUH! why didn't I think of that, I'll see if I have anyone good locally! thanks!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Discount showed me, you could see it visually when spinning

DUH! why didn't I think of that, I'll see if I have anyone good locally! thanks!

Wheel repair is not cheap. I suggest pricing the repair, hen shopping around for a used one or one from LMR and compare the prices.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Wheel repair is not cheap. I suggest pricing the repair, hen shopping around for a used one or one from LMR and compare the prices.

Noted, thanks. Hopefully the quote isnt to bad. My worry with the one on LMR is the quality vs OEM for only $160 and will the chrome match

hotcobra03

Established Member
Noted, thanks. Hopefully the quote isnt to bad. My worry with the one on LMR is the quality vs OEM for only $160 and will the chrome match
have you thought about going bigger on rears..

I just did them last year..should have done it yrs ago..

hotcobra03

Established Member
hotcobra do you have pictures of this set up by chance? I am in the exact same scenario as OP. Have a bent wheel and need replacing.
I will take a close up..I'm very happy,,I thought the same as in you would notice ..

20170614_152336.jpg

32icon321

Established Member
I picked up 2 chrome 17×10.5 from AM to run 315 tires. Still have OEM up front. The chrome matches.
The only visual difference I could see was the outside lip on the Rep wheels was not machined as precise as OEM. You have to be really close to see this.

That being said, they are $175 per on AM right now. I think the most I've paid for a OEM wheel was $200 per (ebay) and as low as $400 for a set (craigslist).

If I didn't want to run 315s id be running the OEM over rep. There's almost always a set on craigslist may just have to drive awhile

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using the svtperformance.com mobile app

techi14

Established Member
thanks for the info guys.

OP, I ended up picking up a chrome replica in stock size from LMR, $155 shipped with the 6% discount. The tires I have are still good and I want to upgrade to ccws later on so figured might as well save the cash and rock stock for now. Good luck!

hotcobra03

Established Member
did you try from ford?

our site vendors discount oem parts so low you can't not buy..

customer service and shipping have always been good..

Users who are viewing this thread